Where's BlitzMax 1.32 for Linux?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Where's BlitzMax 1.32 for Linux?

zcbeaton(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

I just installed Ubuntu on my machine, and I was about to install BlitzMax, but I noticed that there's no download for BlitzMax 1.32 on Linux, only 1.30. I'm pretty sure 1.30 is a new release, so will I just have to wait for a Linux release?

Thanks,
cb43569

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#2]
Probably soon I guess.

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#3]
You have the option of installing the stable 1.30 release and adding latest MaxIDE from here.

It will certainly make your life easier if you manage to have working 1.30 system unless Mark manages to get a friendlier .deb package in the offering for 1.32, too many unknowns I'm afraid....

zcbeaton(Posted 2009) [#4]
Funny that, I installed 1.30, which was fine, then I installed the latest MaxIDE and now it doesn't start. The Loading screen appears for a fleeting moment then it's gone.

skidracer(Posted 2009) [#5]
cb, try running the new MaxIDE from a terminal window, this should hopefully allow you to view error message that indicates what dependency is missing. If you haven't used linux much you need to change directory to your blitzmax folder and type the following (including the dot slash):

./MaxIDE

teraku(Posted 2009) [#6]
I hope bmax 1.32 for Linux works with 64 bit distros :D

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#7]
It should always work with 64bit distros, you "should" just have to install 32bit support.