Anyone using emacs with BlitzMax

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Anyone using emacs with BlitzMax

ragtag(Posted 2008) [#1]
Is anyone here using emacs to edit BlitzMax code?

I've really come to love emacs for editing php and text in general, but haven't tried it with Blitz.

ragtag(Posted 2008) [#2]
This post was not posted in the linux forum by mistake, so no need to move it. emacs is an open source text editor that's been around for ages. I was not thinking of the Apple eMac. While emacs runs on Mac and Windows, I'm pretty sure it's got the biggest following among Linux users. :)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yeah, I guess the moderators are mostly Windows junkies... ;-)

Can't say I've ever been tempted to try emacs again since my Amiga days. I could never get my head around all those keyboard combinations.
I much prefer vi (yes, really!). As a programmers editor, it really rocks.

ragtag(Posted 2008) [#4]
I've looked at vi a bit too, but not spent enough time with to learn how to use it properly. I can edit text, but only know a few of the commands. I've mainly used it to edit config files on servers where emacs is not installed. :)

If I find the time, I might sit down and learn how to use it effectively.

Do you us vi to edit BlitzMax code?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
Not really. I can usually get away with gedit or similar.

I use vi for "work" stuff on unix/linux - Informix 4GL, shell scripts, etc.
To use vi, it would really need some syntax colouring.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'm using geany but for c++. I tried emacs but couldn't find a shortcuts sidebar which is essential for me so I gave up. I might as well just use gedit if there's no shortcuts.

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#7]
TBH i dont think i could go back to an oldskool text editor except in a non graphical emergency.