Input probems with 1.30 and Ubuntu 8.04

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Input probems with 1.30 and Ubuntu 8.04

Vertigo(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hey guys...

I setup blitz to run on Ubuntu which was SOOO much easier than getting Ubuntu installed on this mini-itx board that I have. Its an integrated piece of crap 1.3 celeron with SIS662 Mirage graphics chip. It runs blitzmax compiled graphics code... not quickly mind you, but I think it will suit my needs.

HOWEVER:
Mousedown, MouseHit, KeyDown, KeyHit
do not work for crap.

Allow me to explain.
Pretend this is the received input from a normal mousedown(1) press.

it recognizes the response.

I get the following
0 0
It will randomly recognize input, and those spaces are SECONDS apart. Ive tried flushing the input buffers but nothing. Everything else works fine with creating images, drawing and moving rendered graphics on the screen. It just looks like any keyboard or mouse input is about as responsive as vista running on an Amiga.

Help please?

Tachyon(Posted 2008) [#2]
I think that input feels spotty too...as if it doesn't always acknowledge your actions. Sometimes I have to click several times on a button to get the system to "see" the click, whereas the same code on Mac & Windows works as expected.

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#3]
I had issues like this when I ran my program that was compiled for Windows under wine on Ubuntu. Are you compiling for linux, or are you running a Windows exe on Linux under wine?

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#4]
I got this issue too,

I am running the program on linux (no wine)

I use WSAD keys for my game and after a few seconds the controls have a mind of their own, reacting a few seconds after they are pressed.

When I close the program it has an error:
Unhandled Exception 'appstub linux signal handler 11'