Asus EEE PC Linux

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Asus EEE PC Linux

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#1]
Its quite easy getting the Asus EEE Linux PC to run BlitzMax.

First off, you need to visit http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=630, and read the first post to add extra locations to install g++-3.3 and all the other extra stuff needed.

You can then look at one of the Ububtu How To's to find out what packages to install.

You will also find that the file permissions for MaxIDE and the update program need to be changed to allow execution.

Then its just a matter of getting the BlitzMax modules updated and compiled.

You do need to have internet access - some people have been having trouble getting the wireless up and running, although I have had no problems. It is worth making sure that the router will allow wireless access (I have MAC checking in place of WPA encryption, so need to add the MAC address of the EEE PC before it can be used).

Once done, in Network Connections, select the Wireless Connection, and the click on Connection, and then Connect.

You should also got into Properties and make sure that Start Mode to On Boot.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#2]
I may eventually go for a cheap normal laptop over an EEE, but... good to know. Thanks.

9572AD(Posted 2008) [#3]
What about getting BMax compiled software to run on the EEE PC?
Is that straightforward, or does it require the user to modify their setup?

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#4]
No, just need the system files to be installed and thats it.

Ibmurai(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks a lot!

The only thing your guide is missing, is how to add a shortcut to the IDE to the Work tab :)

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#6]
I never really bothered with the Work tab - I just created a shortcut for the desktop...