ManyMouse

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/ManyMouse

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#1]
Has anyone tried getting this to work on Ububtu ? I find it detects exactly one mouse (and no others), and doesn't detect any movement.

It does work fine for Windows and Mac (once I fixed a bug :) )

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#2]
Getting what to work :?

If you mean more than one mouse then i have a normal mouse, a "trapper" style mouse and a graphics tablet plugged in and they all work fine.

I didnt do anything special, although the tablet needed a line uncommenting in xorg.conf (otherwise it works like a glidepad)

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#3]
ManyMouse is supposed to use evdev for mice, but unfortunately I have found that on my laptop, and the Asus EEE Pc, it detects exactly one mouse, but wont read any positioning information about it.

Doing a sudo chmod 777 /dev/input/* works (and allows multiple mice to be detected) - but it seems only on desktop machines

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#4]
MrTAToad - sorry to go off-topic, but did you have any joy getting the wireless driver working under Ubuntu on the EEE pc? And if so how? I'm a real linux n00b and don't really understand much about it, so any guidance would be appreciated.

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#5]
Its quite interesting you mentioned the EEE Pc actually - I'll be making a post about it later on.

I solved the Linux ManyMouse problem by the way - aside from needing to do a sudo chmod 777 /dev/input/*, I found the order for detecting mice system was wrong - evdev system needed to come before the X11 one (as the X11 doesn't work).