Documentation in MaxIDE

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Documentation in MaxIDE

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 on my main machine with the default IDE (MaxIDE). On my laptop I use Windows XP.

The documentation in the IDE is rendered correctly under Windows XP. But under Linux it's awful. Texts are overlapping, and the "Home page" has parts that just disappear, plus the text is aligned to the right.

What could be the cause of this? And how to fix it?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#2]
Recompile the IDE using Brucey's gtk maxgui implementation. You could also download and use the CE IDE (links in my signature below).

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#3]
Will I be needing MaxGUI for it? Because I didn't buy it. Also, I tried the MaxIDE Community Edition before and followed all the steps but it wouldn't load for me.

I'll try again and post the error I'm getting in here.

Edit: This is the error I'm getting

appstub.linux signal handler 11

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#4]
you will need maxgui.

Are you using the 1.15 gtk build? Have you copied it into the blitzmax directory and run it from there?

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#5]
I'm running an up to date Ubuntu 7.10 installation so I think so.
But if I need MaxGUI then it's a no go for me.

I guess the only solution for me at the moment will be to use the option to display the docs in an external viewer.

Edit: Yes. I used the most recent version

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#6]
But if I need MaxGUI then it's a no go for me.

Maxgui only means you can't build it, not that you can't use it.
I'm running an up to date Ubuntu 7.10 installation so I think so.

There do appear to be issues with 7.10, gtk and the CE IDE (I am experiencing them in the dev 2.00 version), which do not appear in 7.0x. I had thought the 1.15 version was working, it may also not like Ubuntu 7.10 either.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#7]
So I guess I'm currently stuck with the default IDE? That's ok though, I'm glad the bad rendering doesn't have got anything to do with my system setup.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#8]
For now, I think so. I think the Ubuntu 7.10 issue is down to a conflict between Brucey's gtk lib and the "freeprocess" library, which I can't do much about myself...

skidracer(Posted 2008) [#9]
There should be an option in standard MaxIDE settings that will force it to use the external (firefox) web browser for docs.

Manromen(Posted 2008) [#10]
Have you tried to recompile the Documentation?

I had the same Problem.
After i recompiled the Documentation all was fine.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#11]
Recompiling the documentation doesn't matter. Viewing it in FireFox the docs are fine.

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#12]
@Htbaa email me. I will compile you a binary & reply back.

I have noticed one issue in the GTK version that is not so much a disaster but is a little annoying. When doing search or replace, the buttons OK Cancel and Rep. All are automatically clicked as the mouse goes over them, also it would be nice if it had folder memory when "open"-ing and "save as"-ing files :/

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#13]
Check the latest version of the maxide src on SVN - seb has fixed the official IDE code to not do this. The CE IDE (links below) should also work properly (or it might barf completely as it does for me on Ubunu 7.10).

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#14]
The GTK version won't work for me but I just found out theres another version. The fltk version does start up. Although documentation isn't working well yet (no images) and getting to the IDE Options > Help part makes it crash. But I'll play some more with it.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#15]
By the way, I think the "appstub.linux signal handler 11" error is some sort of segmentation fault. Trying to access data at a address that doesn't exists.

I run Ubuntu 7.10 as well. Try it if you can. I don't have the MaxGUI module so I can't pinpoint the part where it crashes.