Any word on an ide?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Any word on an ide?

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hows the ide situaton going for people, im going nuts with both the gtk and default versions.

The default one, drives me mad as the help looks mangled and it keeps opening second copies of the file im working on WHY!???! what possible use is that, it just confuses me and i start editing the wrong one all the time. Also the multi-undo doesnt work properly.

The GTK version is sooo much nicer except for the fact it presses buttons on mouseover rather than onclick which drives me equally as nuts. Oh yes, and the fact i have to set "sudo ldconfig /usr/lib/firefox" every now and then (is there an easy way of doing this automatically?)

IS there anyone working on an IDE or hijacking an existing one like codeblocks or anything?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#2]
I'm assuming by GTK version you mean the CE version of the IDE? If not see links below.

You might want to try downloading the most recent source and re-compiling yourself on linux with gtk if you own maxgui (my linux box is poorly at the moment due to a pedantic non-working wireless card and gutsy upgrade). Or maybe someone nice will pop along and compile it up for you. (if anyone does want to compile up the latest maxide2beta source, post it here and I'll upload it properly to the sf.net site.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#3]
Cool, is the latest source on SF already?

PS. by gtk version i mean the one from sourceforge that displays the help properly (i assumed it used gtk and not whatever maxgui uses

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#4]
Latest is always available by anonymous login to CVS. You can even dowload updates from within the IDE using the CVS integration!

The most recent src.zip file is pretty much up to date, just a couple of me leaks patched since then, so you can use that if you like.

When compiling, make sure comment in / out the fltk / gtk lines (and that you've got maxgui of course!).

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#5]
Ok thanks :) Unfortunately i need a gui module to compile it. Any idea where i can get the gtkmaxgui module from? or the brl.fltkmaxgui for that matter as the modservers have been down for ages.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#6]
1.28 should be out imminently, complete with fully functional modserver.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#7]
seem to be working again and compiled V2 of the gui, any idea where i find bah.gtkmaxgui as fltk still blows (same probs with help and undo)

-edit-

ok got it and get the following on compile:
Linking:maxide
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libxpcom_core.so, needed by /usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by /usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.5
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libGL.so.1, needed by /usr/lib/libGLU.so, may conflict with libGL.so.1.2
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libGL.so.1, needed by /usr/lib/libGLU.so, may conflict with libGL.so.1.2
/home/dan/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/gtkwebmozilla.mod/gtkwebmozilla.release.linux.x86.a(gtkwebmozilla.bmx.release.linux.x86.o): In function `bah_gtkwebmozilla_TGTKWebMozilla':
(data+0x21c): undefined reference to `_bah_gtkmaxgui_TGTKGadget_init'
/home/dan/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/gtkwebmozilla.mod/gtkwebmozilla.release.linux.x86.a(gtkwebmozilla.bmx.release.linux.x86.o): In function `bah_gtkwebmozilla_TGTKWebMozilla':
(data+0x220): undefined reference to `_bah_gtkmaxgui_TGTKGadget_create'
/home/dan/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/gtkwebgtkhtml.mod/gtkwebgtkhtml.release.linux.x86.a(gtkwebgtkhtml.bmx.release.linux.x86.o): In function `bah_gtkwebgtkhtml_TGTKWebGTKHTML':
(data+0x1b8): undefined reference to `_bah_gtkmaxgui_TGTKGadget_init'
/home/dan/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/gtkwebgtkhtml.mod/gtkwebgtkhtml.release.linux.x86.a(gtkwebgtkhtml.bmx.release.linux.x86.o): In function `bah_gtkwebgtkhtml_TGTKWebGTKHTML':
(data+0x1bc): undefined reference to `_bah_gtkmaxgui_TGTKGadget_create'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::assign_from_gs_cid_with_error(nsGetServiceByCIDWithError const&, nsID const&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `CopyUTF8toUTF16(nsACString_internal const&, nsAString_internal&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_GetServiceManager_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsPromiseFlatCString::Init(nsACString_internal const&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_Realloc_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `CopyUTF8toUTF16(char const*, nsAString_internal&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::begin_assignment()'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCharTraits<char>::sEmptyBuffer'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringGetData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_GetMemoryManager_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringContainerFinish_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `ToNewUnicode(nsAString_internal const&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::assign_from_gs_contractid(nsGetServiceByContractID, nsID const&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCSubstring::Adopt(char*, unsigned)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::assign_with_AddRef(nsISupports*)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_NewLocalFile_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsMemory::Clone(void const*, unsigned)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_InitXPCOM3_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::assign_from_helper(nsCOMPtr_helper const&, nsID const&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCharTraits<unsigned short>::sEmptyBuffer'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_InitXPCOM2_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `UTF8ToNewUnicode(nsACString_internal const&, unsigned*)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsObsoleteACString::sCanonicalVTable'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringContainerInit2_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringGetData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringCloneData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsAString_internal::AssignASCII(char const*, unsigned)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `NS_GetComponentRegistrar_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringToUTF16_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `EmptyString()'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `vtable for nsCreateInstanceByContractID'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringContainerInit2_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::assign_from_qi(nsQueryInterface, nsID const&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringGetMutableData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsObsoleteAString::sCanonicalVTable'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringCopy_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringContainerInit_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringGetMutableData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `NS_NewNativeLocalFile_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsVoidArray::nsVoidArray[in-charge]()'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::assign_from_gs_contractid_with_error(nsGetServiceByContractIDWithError const&, nsID const&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringSetData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringSetDataRange_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringCloneData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsACString_internal::~nsACString_internal [not-in-charge]()'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsVoidArray::RemoveElement(void*)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `vtable for nsSupportsWeakReference'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsSubstring::Assign(unsigned short const*, unsigned)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPtr_base [not-in-charge]()'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsSupportsWeakReference::GetWeakReference(nsIWeakReference**)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `NS_GetComponentManager_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_ShutdownXPCOM_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_UTF16ToCString_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_GetDebug_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringSetDataRange_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCRT::strdup(unsigned short const*)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsAString_internal::Assign(unsigned short const*)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsVoidArray::InsertElementAt(void*, int)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringCopy_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `ToNewUTF8String(nsAString_internal const&, unsigned*)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_UnregisterXPCOMExitRoutine_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_Alloc_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_GetTraceRefcnt_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringContainerInit_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsAString_internal::~nsAString_internal [not-in-charge]()'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_CStringContainerFinish_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `NS_Free_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsSubstring::Equals(nsSubstring const&) const'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `nsCSubstring::Assign(char const*, unsigned)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `AppendUTF16toUTF8(nsAString_internal const&, nsACString_internal&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_StringSetData_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `CopyUTF16toUTF8(unsigned short const*, nsACString_internal&)'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `vtable for nsCreateInstanceByCID'
/usr/lib/firefox/libxpcom.so: undefined reference to `NS_RegisterXPCOMExitRoutine_P'
/usr/lib/firefox/libgtkembedmoz.so: undefined reference to `NS_NewGenericFactory(nsIGenericFactory**, nsModuleComponentInfo const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/dan/BlitzMax/maxide2/maxide
Process complete

Any ideas?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#8]
Looks like it doesn't like the embedding of mozilla. Have you get the relevant headers? I think you need a Brucey to jump in here...

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ok thanks

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#10]
Two things:

sudo ldconfig /usr/lib/firefox

This should ensure the library can be found. You may also need to tweak the gtkwebmozilla.bmx file in bah.gtkmaxgui to uncomment this line:

Import "-lxpcom_core"

I can at least compile and *start* running the IDE now, even if it's currently giving me some debug grief before it loads...

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#11]
How do you get the ldconfig to be permenent without creating some sort of script? it seems to be needed every so often.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#12]
it seems to be permanent for me...there may have been another command I ran after ldconfig, but it all seems okay here...

QuietBloke(Posted 2008) [#13]
yeap.. I get the same... it will work for a while and then suddenly stop working and I have to do the ldconfig again.
I dont often use the Linux machine for coding so I cant tell what causes this but it is rather irritating.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#14]
is it when you get an update to firefox i wonder?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#15]
Ok, just happened to me, I think after I installed an update.

I've rooted out the following advice:

In your /etc/rc.conf file, add the following line:

shlib_dirs="/usr/lib/firefox"

If the file doesn't exist, create it. If there is already one (or more) entries in the quotes, add firefox with a space separating. Obviously change the path if different on your set up.

Must admit, not 100% proven here...let me know if this works for you...

QuietBloke(Posted 2008) [#16]
cool.. thanx.. I'll do that tonight. Fingers crossed :)