Out of memory error

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Out of memory error

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#1]
Having made some changes to my code to include as much of the media in the final application as possible, I now get an "Out of memory" error when I try to compile my game.

I took a look at the thread here and tried a similar fix in bmk_util.bmx, which looks like this...

?Linux
	cmd$=CQuote(BlitzMaxPath()+"/bin/fasm")+" -m131072 "+CQuote(src)+" "+CQuote(obj)
?

I assume that all I need to do is build that source again for it to work, but even after re-starting the IDE my game still doesn't compile.

The final size of my game under Windows and MacOS is about 21MB, so it should only be around the same size under Linux. I am using Ubuntu 7.10. Any ideas?

dawlane(Posted 2007) [#2]
Have you looked at my thread http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=71746

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#3]
Ah, thanks. I didn't see that thread. I didn't copy the resulting executable into the bin file. Now back in Vista, so I'll try that a little later on today.

Thanks.

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#4]
Well that worked. I don't know what I did, but it seems I can now only start the IDE from a terminal window! Oh well, at least I can compile my game now.

Thanks.