how to GTK MaxIDE starting?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/how to GTK MaxIDE starting?

Space Fractal(Posted 2007) [#1]
Im are now going complety tired on the very officiel IDE, because it have a very major bug in it.

After few compiles it simply hang and I need to restart my machine, because Linux seen not to have a task manager to closet them down.

Also the help window is messed totally up too.

When I tried to start GTK version, it does not run at all, after I updated Xubuntu with all updates found. So I guess there are some missing packages or such to get it run again?

So I ask how to get it running the GTK again in a full updated Xubuntu 7.04 (which Im curretly use now, when I have tried to reinstall due to GTK version didden't work anymore)?

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#2]
run it from terminal and you should get an error message.

If it says something about problems with embeded mozilla or something then read the readme as there is a line you need to execute to point to where you have firefox installed.

Space Fractal(Posted 2007) [#3]
just say bash: maxideGTK not found.

The same goes for the origianl IDE, that does run with double click.

I have cd into the folder and tried to run it from here (but yes, I have renamed the file using extract that name).

Ole JR(Posted 2007) [#4]
Your problem is that the folder isn't in the path,
so try using ./maxideGTK in the folder where it is.
(Notice the dot slash)

Space Fractal(Posted 2007) [#5]
missing a package:
libgtkembedmoz.so

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#6]
Its saying it cannot embed mozilla firefox into maxide (needed to display the help)

sudo ldconfig /usr/lib/firefox (or whatever browser/location - this is the ubuntu default)

Then try it.

This is only temporary for so many hours. There is a way of making it permenant, but i just made a script so root runs this at startup which suits me fine.
Ask on the Ubuntu forums about how to make this a permenant change.

Space Fractal(Posted 2007) [#7]
Damn, you was a bit to fast, found out my self. Hince I edit the post again to avoid confuse with the above post.

I redownloaded again, and yes the terminal line got it running again. Sorry about this stubid thing. Should have found out my self (even I have wonder why it worked before).

For others users, just type this command to get its working again (I wonder why it worked before):

___

There are two minor bugs in thie GTK version:

- Buttons does not to been pressed to activate that. It just activate it directly, when you touch it.

- The toolbar to the right is exstremly diffucent to slip in and even does not sate it last state where it was (it flip like crashy.

These above is just a minor issues and have no problems with hanging, which is the most important (I have not noticed it yet).

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yeah i know it is a bit frustrating, i guess its still WIP, but still better than the default one. You can get the help window just about right with some small mouse movemnets.

I still wanna know if anjuta could be adapted somehow as that IDE looks wicked.

jamesmintram(Posted 2007) [#9]
There isnt a task manager with Linux in the same fashion as windows (i dont think) but you can kill any program in the terminal or you can add the kill icon to one of your task bars which mill allow you to kill any naughty programs.

To kill a prog in command line do this:

ps -e

Then look for the program you want to kill, you will notice a number at the start of the line, this is the process id, next type:

kill <process id>

Changin <process id> to the actual process id of the process ie if i did ps -e and saw blitzmax process id was 4278 then i would type:

kill 4278

To kill it, to get help on any command type:

man <command>

So to get help on ps or kill type

man ps

or

man kill

Hope that helps!

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#10]
There is in gnome on ubuntu its called system monitor, its like the windows one