Linux Demo

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Linux Demo

Blitzogger(Posted 2007) [#1]
Any ideas on when a Linux Demo is scheduled to appear? I want to use Polarhome to comile my game for linux. In case you guys didn't know polarhome is a Open Source non-commercial education effect to offer shell polarasation. They are non-profit and make no money from their services. Heres a quote from the official site:

polarhome.com is non commercial, educational effort for popularization of shell enabled operating systems and Internet services, offering shell accounts, mail and other online services on all available systems (currently on Linux, OpenVMS, Solaris, AIX, QNX, IRIX, HP-UX, Tru64, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD and OPENSTEP ).

I plan to have them install the BlitzMax Demo for Linux and compile my games though them. I think it would make a great resource for the community if BlitzMax users who don't have a Linux Machine, don't know how to setup Linux, or don't want to in fear of ruining thir pcs to have an alternate option. Since they don't make any money if would be difficult for them to afford $80 per user that wants to compile and it would to difficult to setup a system based on "honor" that wouldn't be too time consuming. Please let me know what you guys think,

Space Xscape

skidracer(Posted 2007) [#2]
I would forget that plan, people who want linux binaries need to test them, therefore need linux, therefore should install their own LICENSED version of BlitzMax on their own desktop.

If you want simplicity for cross compiling, I would look into vmware running Ubuntu on your Windows desktop, apparently their GL drivers are working finally and from previous experience it's just like having two computers plugged into the one monitor.

Blitzogger(Posted 2007) [#3]
How do i go about doing what you said?

PS. I never said anything about running illegal copies. I would never allow that!