Please test Runes of Avalon

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Please test Runes of Avalon

anawiki(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi
I have just finished porting Runes of Avalon for Linux. Can you test this for me and let me know if there are any problems.

http://www.anawiki.com/download/runes_of_avalon.php?os=linux

It is tar.bz2 file, but I am working on Install Jammer setup file.

best
Roman

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#2]
Worked fine here, runs really smooth on ubuntu, 2ghz celeron 512mb geforceFx PCI.
great graphics, sound and presentation to the game btw!!
Well done!

One small thing i noticed (kind of an oversight rather than a bug) was my mouse is wireless and ran out of battery. I could not quit the program, because i needed a mouse to do so. Tried esc taskswitch and alt-f4 but none worked in full screen (except dropping out of gnome!).. So it could do with an escape key option.
You also aught to incluse a readme-install to tell people that they need to set the installer's permissions to executable after downloading (otherwise it may confuse some linux noobs, it had me confused for about a minute or 2 too as it was asking which program should open it. (However, I quickly slapped myself!! :)

edit

found one more thing.. the order now button doesnt work (i assume it is supposed to bring up firefox :/

Uber-nerd(Posted 2007) [#3]
********* @ anawiki *********
I ran it and played around without any problems. All I needed to do was change file permissions (sudo chmod 777 <installation file>) and then open it with the gDeb package installer. Heh, its so easy that a 16 yearold can do it :-) ... everything is shiny, it runs smoothly and yes it has sound.

Software
- Ubuntu Dapper Drake (6.06) Fairly messy installation, haven't tinkered with anything too serious though...

Hardware
- Dell Dimension 3000. Integrated CPU and sound with onboard graphics.
- Intel Celeron processor, <3.0GHz
- 512MB DDR RAM

********* @ Dan at D-Grafix dot com *********
Wireless mice are st00pid :P

BTW, try using CTRL + ALT + F1 to close it. That will put you out of the GUI and you'll have to enter your username and password again. Once you've logged in, try the "ps -e" command. See which PID the game is running as and then type "kill <insert games PID>" to close it ;)

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#4]
Wireless mice are st00pid :P

Aye, Stoopid but handy 4 laptops.
(xcept when out of batteries:)