Anyone able to rate Ubuntu 7.04 with dual-booting?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Anyone able to rate Ubuntu 7.04 with dual-booting?

WedgeBob(Posted 2007) [#1]
I was wondering if anyone would be able to rate the partitioning and installation process of Feisty Fawn with regards to dual-booting with Vista. Would this be better or worse than Dapper Drake when it comes to this?

Craig Watson(Posted 2007) [#2]
It's the same.

Mainly, just make sure Vista is installed first.

See this for instructions.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#3]
I would say be more worried about the vista side causing problems with grub. As craig said, install vista first.

Ive had no probs with 7.10

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yeah, what they said.

Ubuntu/Linux still has it's annoyances sometimes (almost universally due to my ignorance), but it's still a lot less annoying than Vista is so far.

A suggestion for your Grub menu.lst is to put the Vista listing (or XP, or whatever) before the Automagical Ubuntu listing, so when the Ubuntu kernel gets updated it doesn't push your Windows entry down the list.

Uber-nerd(Posted 2007) [#5]
I've never had any problems with dualbooting. 7.04 should work fine. Like the others have said - if you play around too much then you'll screw stuff up. But that's only a problem for people like me who reinstall their OS every few months or make weird/major changes. Install Vista and then Ubuntu overtop of that and it should work great.

Microsoft products have an annoying tendency to delete the GRUB boot loader, so be careful with that...