Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2006) [#2]
Its really easy,
1. you could build a symlink from g++ to g++-3.3

2. you download g++ 3.3 via synaptic ;)

Fr3eMaN

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#3]
how to build the symlink ? I', new to ubuntu

Robert(Posted 2006) [#4]
If I remember correctly, open up a console (via Applications > Accessories > Terminal) type in the following and press enter:

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/g++ /usr/bin/g++-3.3

You will be asked for your password since this is a system-wide change.

To explain what is happening here - the "ln" command creates a link from one file to another, in this case it creates a new file called "g++-3.3" which links to "g++". The "sudo" part is needed because you don't normally have permission to modify anything outside of your personal files.

As an aside, unless there is a really good reason why BlitzMAX needs g++ version 3.3, it would be good if the dependancy was dropped.

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#5]
It's working ;) thx Robert

other prob I got an error now IGL missing ? it's this opengl?

Smokey(Posted 2006) [#6]
after reading the howto for bmax

I decide to download the package I need because I did't have them and I don't have internet connection because I'm on ppp and linux does't support it

libwxgtk2.6-dev_2.6.3.2.1.5_i386.deb
libxxf86vm-dev_1.0.1-1_i386.deb
xlibmesa-gl-dev_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1_i386.deb
xlibmesa-glu-dev_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1_i386.deb
xlibs-dev_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1_all.deb

the problem is how can I install them? Synaptic Package Manager only allow cdrom installation maybe someone know how to do this?

Garrett(Posted 2006) [#7]
I believe you'll need to use the command line and the dpkg program. But the
parameters escape my mind. There used to be a gnome app that allowed you
to double click on .deb files to get them installed, but can't remember the name
of it. :-(

See if you can find the man file for dpkg and read up on that to install those.

-Garrett

Robert(Posted 2006) [#8]
You should just be able to browse to the folder containing the .deb files and double-click on them if you have the current version of Ubuntu.

Failing that, you can do put them in a folder somewhere, open up a terminal as above (Applications > Accessories > Terminal) and change to the directory containing to .deb files using the 'cd' command, then type in:

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

Which uses the 'dpkg' (Debian Package) tool to install all files ending in '.deb'.