ATI 3D acceleration and Windows (Seriously...)

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/ATI 3D acceleration and Windows (Seriously...)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Edit; GAH! Wrong forum! Sorry guys :-) Didn't even notice this was the Linux forum until i read 5 topics in a row about Linux! ^.^

Hi All,

I've found that my *almost* brand new Pc has this wierd bug which seems like it is running in Software mode. You can visibly see the render being drawn to the window.

This only happens in DX mode (Though i've had GL troubles before now, the last driver update fixed that.)

I've got a Radeon X1300 with 128mb, and Cat 6.6

The whole system practically freezes at this point- while waiting for the render to be drawn to the window. That means even the XP mouse pointer is frozen.

Any ideas on how to tackle this?

Could my PSU be underpowered? (It came with a 300watt only with everything installed, including this card.)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#2]
Ok, never mind this, my graphics card promptly kicked the bucket last night.

....Thanks for moving the thread though... ;)

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#3]
Well, believe it or not, if you wanted the Linux style thread, just take my example right here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=61240

Yan(Posted 2006) [#4]
Blimey Cygnus, you seem to have incredibly bad luck with hardware. Do you live in the middle of some weird PC Bermuda triangle, or summat?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Indeed I do Yan. I've got a new card now though, back to Nvidia, 7600. I love it. cept they're looking like ATI now too...