FD5 + Blitz Max Graphics Issue

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/FD5 + Blitz Max Graphics Issue

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2006) [#1]
So it took 2 of us (the other being a hardcore linux user) all day, but finaly we got Fedora Core 5 on my laptop, and able to compile code (Hello World) quite happily

I egerly copied my entire project directory over to the Linux partition, and ran the code.... black screen

When compiled on the Windows version, my project runs as it should do, but when the Linux version hits a Graphics command it throws up a black graphics window and stops

I'm running Fedora Core 5 on an Ext3 partition, it was fully uptdated today, I'm using ATI Mobility X600 graphics and the latest version of Blitz Max + Gui Module

Any help woul be apreciated

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#2]
you might want to be abit more specific than thatit just stops.
Have you tried running it in debug mode? does it show any error message?
You can also try running a compiled app from the terminal, as sometimes it will give some sort of error message...

Also, make sure you've got all the packages which blitz needs to compile and run. They (or somewhat similar ones), are listed in this forum if you do a little search.. :)

Good luck.. :)

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2006) [#3]
I've got all of the packages to the best of my knowledge

As for "it just stops", to the letter, that is exactly what it does

The graphics window is black and empty, I can move it around, but any diagonal movement creates trails of window components (the boarders around the window) inside the window

The debug tab on the side bar is empty

I filled the program with Print statements to see exactly how far it was getting, they stop outputting at the graphics command

The graphics command is simply called as:

Graphics(800,600)

REDi(Posted 2006) [#4]
I had exactly the same on Ubuntu until I installed proper graphics card drivers, without it there is no 3d acceleration!

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2006) [#5]
I see

Right, I will set about finding some proper graphics card drivers

Thanks for the tip

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2006) [#6]
Well, I downloaded the official Linux drivers from ATI, and after 45 minuets (according to forum time) managed to convince Linux that my hard drive existed, that the file existed, and that I had the permission to install it - isnt Linux great :p

Long story short, after a reboot the problem is still there