FrameWork Assistance

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/FrameWork Assistance

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm proud to be associated with this app, even if I didnt have very much to do thanks to Bruceys fantastic gtkMaxGui module

download an early test version for FA for linux from this link

http://www.chris-camacho.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=27

(Dreamora can you contact me your webmaster@ address doesnt work!)

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#2]
And it even seems to work :-)

Great to finally have this useful app for all platforms.

One tiny niggle... it seems to want to always "Import BRL.fltkmaxgui" on linux, rather than my module :-p

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#3]
lol - now now brucey - behave yourself ;p

EOF(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hi Brucey,

How have you implemented your module?

FA is hardcoded in some areas. Currently, if it picks up BRL.MaxGUI as a module being required it subsitutes the module name like so:

If modname$="brl.maxgui"
	?Win32
	modname$="BRL.Win32MaxGUI"
	?MacOS
	modname$="BRL.CocoaMaxGUI"
	?Linux
	modname$="BRL.FLTKMaxGUI"
	?
EndIf

Not sure what to do here because, although the commands/functions reside in BRL.MaxGUI the source still needs a top-level driver as the above shows.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#5]
just use bah.gtkmaxgui as the framework, its a 1:1 replacement for BRL.FLTKMaxGUI

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#6]
The intention is to have the module as a drop-in replacement for the FLTK module.

You can either specify Framework BaH.GTKMaxGUI, or, I imagine, use it as an import against a different Framework (I haven't tried it that way yet, but as long as FLTK isn't included anywhere in the binary it should work ok)

I imagine it's quite difficult to support "replacement" modules, but I wouldn't worry about having it generate the correct code for things like that, since if someone was using the GTK module anyway, they could *very* easily just change the line from fltk to gtk... :-)

Framework Assistant is very handy btw. Keep up the great work :-)