Linker errors on Ubuntu 5.10

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Linker errors on Ubuntu 5.10

N(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm assuming this has to do with the fact that I'm using a 64bit version of Ubuntu instead of the 32bit version, but I'm posting here to ask.

Anyhow, take a look at the errors and see if you can make anything out. If I find anything I'll post it. In the meantime, well, happy hunting.

bmk makeapp testbed.bmx
Linking:testbed
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libX11.so when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libX11.a when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/3.3.6/../../../../lib/libX11.so when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/3.3.6/../../../../lib/libX11.a when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/3.3.6/../../../libX11.so when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/3.3.6/../../../libX11.a when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libX11.so when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libX11.a when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libX11.so when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libX11.a when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libX11.so when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libX11.a when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/noel/indigo/testbed

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
from my understanding apt-get install x11-dev should install both 32 and 64 bit static libs, can't find anything on google

if the old 32 bit lib is called something else, you can modify glgraphics.bmx[47] to change the name of the x11 library bing linked :
?Linux
Import "-lX11"
Import "-lXxf86vm"
Import "-lGL"
Import "glgraphics.linux.c"
?

N(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yeah, I checked already, there are 32 bit libraries as well. I made sure to try adding them to LD_LIBRARY_PATH before posting this. I probably should've mentioned that.

I'll check to make sure they have the same name as their 64 bit counterparts -- as far as I know, they should be. If not, I'll see about modifying the imports for glGraphics.bmx.

N(Posted 2006) [#4]
Well, they did have the same names. Not sure what's up with it, the entire thing kindof went 'boom' before I could find a fix. Decided to just reinstall using the 32 bit version instead of trying to recover the 64 bit install.

Working fine now, so eh.