appstub.linux signal handler 11

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/appstub.linux signal handler 11

ICE TRUCK(Posted 2006) [#1]
hi,

i installed linux(ubuntu) yesterday...

after a while i knew what i had to install for bmax that it's able to start^^

in windows the code of my program works... but not in linux...

the only thing it prints:

Building guichat
Compiling:guichat.bmx
flat assembler version 1.64
4 passes, 50111 bytes.
Linking:guichat
Process complete

so i don't really know, what

means...
(in debug mode and non-debug mode)

[i use bmax1.18 for linux with maxgui ;-)]

i hope you can help me with that problem...

ps.: i removed all functions like GetActiveWindow or FlashWindow ;-)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Are all the needed things installed? (like FLTK)

ICE TRUCK(Posted 2006) [#3]
oha....

i'll look for it...

thank you ;-)

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ouch, the linker should not be crashing (i think that signal is equivalent of windows memory acccess violation)

Is your blitzmax path in your home directory?

Is the above caused by using build or just build and run?

Does there exist a blitzmaxpath/tmp folder?

gman(Posted 2006) [#5]
interesting. i was trying the MiniB3D by simonh:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=59650

and received this error. im using xandros 3.0.2. the error was occuring on a line that looked like:
glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);glClientActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0)

unforunately my battery crapped before i could split them out to see which it was. you probably would be able to replicate given its happened now on two seperate OS and you have a sample to try.

my BMAX is in my home dir. i do have a tmp under the BMAX dir. this is a build and run under BMAX 1.18.

Steffenk(Posted 2006) [#6]
Today i got the same error on Ubuntu 6.10 RC while experimenting with some self-written enet (a free network library partially wrapped by brl) stuff.
This probably wouldn't have solved your problems, but i just wanted to add that for me there were still other instances of the program i worked on running. I killed them via Linux "Task Manager" and it worked fine again.

I have the feeling this is caused by an error in the IDE which sometimes doesn't terminate a process correctly. Or starts it's twice.

Lem(Posted 2007) [#7]
I get the same error on Ubuntu Edgy Eft...

Unhandled Exception:appstub.linux signal handler 11  

and the debugger highlights

glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0+Layer) as the offending line.

The window doesn't closed and the program doesn't stop, but there is nothing being displayed in the application window at all, not even black (it's doing that funny "I'm going to pick up bits of your desktop image" thing)

I'm running Ubuntu Linux on a Dell laptop with a ATI Radeon R250 (9000 Mobility)... er... the driver I'm using is fglrx_pci of that matters.

It's... interesting that it always breaks on the same lines on similar distributions (actually, mostly Ubuntu with one other?)

Tachyon(Posted 2008) [#8]
Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I am getting this error "appstub.linux signal handler 11" when I try to compile MaxIDE with GTK.

One of my customers is reporting that his game crashes with this error as well.

Any idea what is causing this?

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#9]
I was getting this error until i took out the show/hide mouse parts of the code in SI's minib3d.

It also seems to be quite a common error for when debug mode is off and you try and use a null object or something.
I assume its the equivalent of windows's "runtime error" prehaps?