Can't start the IDE

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Can't start the IDE

taumel(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

i just built up a old system for linux. What are the minimum specs from a hard- and software side to start the IDE and get things done with blitzMax 1.14?

Are 128MB enough? I did use Knoppix 4.02 as my base-system.

Greetings,

taumel

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#2]
Are 128MB enough?
Yeah. No worries. Even less will do it too.

Try opening a terminal, and running the BlitzMAX IDE. Chances are you're missing the GCC3 libraries.

taumel(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hi,

is there any document online with the things which should be taken care of when installing blitzMax 1.14 on linux?

Greetings,

taumel

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#4]
Please see the sticky threads. If you are new to Linux we only officially support Ubuntu so you are somewhat on you're own in installing the required packages for other distributions.

taumel(Posted 2005) [#5]
I did try Ubuntu at my first try but it wasn't able to recognize my hardware correctly...

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#6]
You need to launch the ide from the command line so you can read some error messages, which means finding a menu item in your desktop referring to a terminal, then changing to the directory you ungzipped blitzmax typing:

./MaxIDE

and the messages you get from there you can hopefully go back to your software manager program somewhere in some other menu and select some packages as others have done in the sticky threads mentioned above.

taumel(Posted 2005) [#7]
Okay thanks so far. I will continue when i've some more time...