GP2X development?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/GP2X development?

Idiot(Posted 2005) [#1]
Has anyone heard of the GP2X? It's the follow up to the GP32 handheld console that had quite a lot of homebrew development for it (games, emulation, movies, music, etc).

Well, the GP2X is supposed to be running Linux, so I was curious if anyone had looked into seeing if programs written in bmax would run on it.

Here's a link:

http://www.gbax.com/indexgp2x.html

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#2]
As far as I know, you need a special SDK to program it.. So I would guess that it would be as trivial as it seems...
But someone with a bit more knowledge on the subject might give you a better answer.

I would be interrested in it, if there's a possibility though.

bubbz(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm currently waiting for my gp2x to ship - it'd be great if it were possible to code for it in bmax, but I also lack the knowledge to determine if it is likely or not.

It comes with it's own SDK - is that a good or a bad thing?

Idiot(Posted 2005) [#4]
Bubbz: can you get us a report on this when your GP2X comes in? I would love to develop for a portable, no matter how obscure.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#5]
Prgorams written in BlitzMAX are compiled (AFAIK) for i386 flavours of Linux, so unless the GP2X has an i386 compatible chip and/or some degree of emulation, I doubt we'll see this any time soon.

bubbz(Posted 2005) [#6]
GP2X has two ARM processors, I guess thats a bad thing then... and mine has not arrived yet...

Mr.Meertens(Posted 2005) [#7]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=51350

I have received my GP2X yesterday. SN00000078 :D
(don't forget to peel of both protection layers off the screen protector ;) )

JaviCervera(Posted 2005) [#8]
Well, you would always modify BlitzMax compiler to export a .c file instead of .s, and then compile that .c file with GP2X version of GCC.

bubbz(Posted 2005) [#9]
'Well, you would always modify BlitzMax compiler to export a .c file instead of .s'

erm... maybe somebody could... I wouldn't know where to start ;)

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#10]
anyone know if anyones got anything working yet with the gp2x and blitzmax?