Ubuntu 5.10 AMD64

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Ubuntu 5.10 AMD64

Account disabled(Posted 2005) [#1]
post deleted

Last edited 2012

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#2]
My first problem is that I cannot synchonize modules ...

the module synchronization server is currently locked it seemed, in anticipation of BMax 1.12 -- expected to come out on Monday.

I can't help you with your compile problem though.

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#3]
try searching this forum section for your other problems.. several others have had the same problem, and you need to install a package or two..
(can't remember which they were, so try searching)

Craig Watson(Posted 2005) [#4]
When last I tried running BlitzMax on AMD64, it WAS possible to get things to build and compile under a 32 bit environment, but then to run you'd have to launch it under the 64 bit environment.

I'm not sure if the lib64 mess has been cleaned up with the newer versions of the distros, and frankly I decided the slight speed improvement wasn't worth it for me.

I had BlitzMax installed under a chroot 32 bit environment. To install a 32 bit chroot isn't that hard, but it's a lot of fuss and you might have problems, and I doubt anyone will be able to help you much.

You may also have some luck with the linux32 command, although AFAIK the basic 32 bit default install under AMD64 doesn't contain everything required for building BMax apps, so it probably won't work.

Account disabled(Posted 2005) [#5]
post deleted

Last edited 2012

Account disabled(Posted 2005) [#6]
post deleted

Last edited 2012

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#7]
Awesome HexFex!

Are these extra steps likely to be addressed by Ubuntu themselves do you think?

It would be nice to dynamically link with libxxf86vm so BlitzMax doesn't have to fail (could just use desktop video mode instead) but I have no idea how to deal with runtime libs in Linux unfortunately.

regaa(Posted 2005) [#8]
Heyfex, I've done everything you said and also looked up if the files are really in the /usr/lib folder and they are,, but ./MaxIDE gives me only an ./MaxIDE: error while loading shared libraries: libXxf86vm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error :(

What now?

regaa(Posted 2005) [#9]
Doh! Wrong chmod :)