Getting Linux modules and libraries

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Getting Linux modules and libraries

N(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there any way I can get the Linux modules and libraries you'd get when performing a syncmods for BlitzMax without being under Linux? 'Cause, at the moment, my wireless LAN and modem are both not useable for this purpose because 1. my wireless LAN blew up and 2. I have to pay for drivers for my Conexant modem for Linux, and I don't want to pay $15 just for a 15 minute download that I could just download under Windows (given the option).

Like, a .tar.gz package of the BlitzMax/lib and BlitzMax/mod folder would be nice.

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#2]
maybe I'm way off, but I was under the impression that it was the same modules for all versions..
(that they have compile code for all version in them)..

anyways.. it might be worth a try to copy the modules from the windows directory?!?!

N(Posted 2005) [#3]
Lars: I'm not sure if that is the case, as I still don't have the Linux modules. Probably best if Mark or someone tells us what the situation is with module distribution.

Robert(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi Noel,

The source code is the same, it is just the binaries that are different.

Syncmods as usual, copy the contents of your 'mod' folder to your BlitzMAX Linux folder, and reboot in Linux. Select the Build Modules option from the IDE and it will generate the BlitzMAX Linux binaries for you.