BlitzMax + Arklinux [=trouble?]

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/BlitzMax + Arklinux [=trouble?]

ghislain(Posted 2005) [#1]
i installed arklinux after reading it is such a friendly version of linux.

Ark Linux is a Linux distribution designed especially for desktop use, primarily for people without prior Linux experience. Its main goal is ease of use, and the inclusion of many tools end users will need.

see DistroWatch.com

To get Blitzmax going I downloaded the developers-suite as well which includes gcc etc..

Now I get the same error message as in
"Blitzmax problems with Mandrake 10.1":
/usr/bin/Id: cannot find -IGL

I couldn't really find an answer in that particular post.
Kynaptic [the software manager] tells me that both:
- XFree86-Mesa-libGL, and
- XFree86-Mesa-libGLU
are installed.
The location of the GL-headers is: "/usr/X11R6/include/GL" (?)

Anybody can help?

gcc -v:
[arklinux@localhost arklinux]$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-static --enable-fast-install --enable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-tls --target=i586-ark-linux --enable-__cxa_atexit --host=i586-ark-linux --build=i586-ark-linux --enable-cxx-flags=-O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -fweb -frename-registers --with-system-zlib --enable-threads --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++,ada,java,f77,objc --enable-libada --enable-libgcj --enable-interpreter --enable-hash-synchronization --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.4 20050128 (prerelease)

ld -v:
[arklinux@localhost arklinux]$ ld -v
GNU ld version 2.15.94.0.2.2 20041220

N(Posted 2005) [#2]
Try changing -IGL to -I/usr/X11/include/GL (or X11R6, but in most cases there is a symbolic link to X11R6 called X11).

ghislain(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sounds great!
How?

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
You know, that's a fairly good question. Bugger Mark about it.

In the mean time, try doing exactly what's being executed from a terminal yourself and then see if the change produces a difference.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]
Bugger Mark about it.

I do hope you mean bug Mark about it.

N(Posted 2005) [#6]
Same thing. It's just the way I say it. Whatever goes on in your filthy mind is probably best kept to yourself.

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#7]
getting same issue here on my laptop (desktops fine) its saying cannot find -IGL.

I think ive installed all the same stuff

Trouble is, ive no idea what im doing >:P

oh.. this is an ubuntu dist btw.