libGLU.so.1

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/libGLU.so.1

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#1]
Where can I get this file from? apparently BMax needs it, but multiple google searches do not seem to show me where I can download it (it does not show up in the package manager).

I installed all the mesa rpms including development ones.

dmoc(Posted 2005) [#2]
Have you looked in your libs dir? It's usually there along with opengl lib. May need a "libGLU.so" link to it and then run ldconfig. Else try rpmfind.net or similar.

Ole JR(Posted 2005) [#3]
I see you are running Mdk 10.1,
so it should be in your libMesaGLU1-xx.rpm..

marksibly(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi,

Ok, I don't know much about Linux rpms (redhat package manager?), but would it be possible to create a 'blitzmax.rpm' that contains stuff like this and various other bits and pieces like GCC?

Or would it have to be customized for each flavour of Linux?

Specis(Posted 2005) [#5]
it would be possible to a certain extent, but then not all distro's use rpm's for binary software so it could end up being a lot of work that probably hardly anyone would use anyway

Ole JR(Posted 2005) [#6]
For rpm, and distros not using it, there's something called alien or something.. It allows for installation of the *not* supported format..
But rpm and/or deb are very "directory" specific, ie no choice where to install..

dmoc(Posted 2005) [#7]
I'm not too hot on rpm's (nb. rpms=source files) but it would be a good idea if only to detect dependancy conflicts. I wouldn't include gcc or anything else apart from what BRL is itself develops because...

1) gcc and other sw is/should already be installed if user has development in mind

2) If not installed they should be sourced from the user's own distributions packages (hence avoiding a lot of potential dependancy problems)

3) Including the likes of gcc could cause MAJOR problems if it installs but subsequently conflicts with other software

4) gcc is DAMN CRITICAL - don't go near it unless you really have to

5) You would be making a lot more work for yourself in maintaining packages