Sublime Text 3

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Sublime Text 3

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#1]
[Last Updated : 2016-06-04 Link = http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip]

-> A quick demonstration (Youtube Video)

-> Quick overview of the Setup Window (Youtube Video)

How To :

1/ Instal :
1.a - sublime plugin
- Download the zip
- Extract its content
- <Copy> the BlitzMax folder to the clipboard (I mean : Ctrl+C on the folder)
- Open Sublime Text3 -> Menu "Preferences" -> "Browse Package..."
- In the directory that opens : <Paste> the BlitzMax folder ( Ctrl+V ^^ )

1.b - compile "bmxbuild" application
- In the Package/BlitzMax folder, you'll find the bmx source of bmxbuild
- Open it with MaxIDE (or your current working BlitzMax IDE)
- Compile (do not run) with GUI-App and Threaded (no debug)
( The output application should be automatically named bmxbuild.mt on Mac and Linux or bmxbuild.mt.exe on Windows. If not, rename it accordingly )

Now, everything should be working. You still need to setup before running (to select the blitzmax/bin/bmk you want to run)

2/ Setup :
- in the menu "bmx" : run "Setup"
by default, bmk path is set to "C:\BlitzMax\bin" on Windows and ... I don't know actually what it will set on Linux or Mac.
I set it to BlitzMaxPath(), but I don't remember what this function returns ... so, anyway, you'll be able to set your folder.

- click the button "..." and search your the blitzmax/bin directory you want to use for compile.
The configuration will be saved in a bmxbuild.cfg file.

You're ready to go !

3/ Use :
In Sublime Text 3 :
- Shift + F5 to run the setup
- F5 to compile your bmx file with the current settings applied
- Ctrl+F5 to build a module (the file or one of its children must be under focus in sublime-text)
- Ctrl+F6 build a module tree (for exemple, if the current file opened is something like brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_doc.bmx, it will compile all modules from "brl")
- Ctrl+F7 to rebuild "All" modules.
Note that you can rebuild all modules by checking the button in the bmxbuild setup (on the right column for modules)

And of course, each of the shortcuts are available in the "bmx" menu.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So i jumped on the Linux bath, and I'm so wet I probably will drawn my computer...

Whatever, I run into several software problems, due to some missing ones, like notepad++.
I'm really sorry, but, for me, MaxIDE is not (and has never been) a good IDE, it's missing so much features that it makes the basic stuff finally more complicated.
So, here comes the challenge :
Sublime Text is pretty consistant but it's like notepad++, it's a script editor, not a real IDE.

Then, I decided to make it the perfect companion, and I'm glad I could solve at least the most challenging for me :
Getting a menu + shortcut tu build/run codes, in gui or console mode, with debug or not, for bmx sources and modules.
For that I've coded a small python script and a bmx application that intercept the commandline sent and redirect it to bmk while keeping a small window that (for the moment) allows me to close bugged application.

So, for now, I have Sublime Text making the nice job of the code editor and a simple to instal patch for blitzmax ( a single file to copy to the blitzmax "bin" directory)
And of course, all the output is forwarded to the sublime text console.
Now, I can code using only Sublime Text opened, like I would with Blide.

And, at last but not least,
My 3D engine works like a charm under ubuntu 14.04 (I downgraded to 14, due to the radeon drivers that are not supported anymore on the 16.04 version, and the drivers provided "officially" are stuck to GLSL 1.30 ...)

So, if anyone is interested in getting bitzmax working with sublime text, just ask for it, I can upload the files and explain how to instal

Actually, the plugin for blitzmax is in two parts ; the syntax highlighter comes from muttley, the rest is just a small pack of files to copy in the package directory of sublime text, and finally, the theme is the one I always use for coding, so it's my personnal color scheme, but I'd be glad to publish it to anyone, it's just a scheme after all ;)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
Looks good bobbysait, I'm not a sublime text user (not yet, still ok with community ide) but I think muttley has a complete package here:

https://bitbucket.org/muttley/sublimetext.blitzmax

"SublimeText.BlitzMax is a Sublime Text language definition that provides syntax highlighting, build systems and code snippets for the BlitzMax programming language."

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=99990

What's different about yours may I ask?

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#3]
The muttley package does not provide a way to debug apps.
If you run a bugged code, the window can get frozen and you won't be able to close it (unless using a task manager to kill the process)

As you can see on the second screen, there is a title bar "Close this window to stop the running program"

it's the application that intercept the commandline that also build a small window. it allows to manage the application. So, in the long run, I'll probably be able to use it as a real debugger.

And by the way, the muttley build system use the internal system of sublime text. It's quite nice, but far from what I need.
-> you have to select the way you build program in a submenu of a menu each time you want to build differently.
It could be more usefull with the "variants" so witha Ctrl+B (or Shift+B) we could switch faster.

Mine use a script and some key bindings, so the menu is in the menu bar (the "bmx" menu, notice the "Blitzmax" one ... it's just a remaining crappy menu I 've first done. I 'll remove that one later)
So, I can compile and run code with F5 and F6(debug) or Shift+F5/F6 for building only
And, What is really missing in the muttrly package :
I can compile modules.
The script search the code for the "Module url.name" and run bmk with the appmods syntax, so I can rebuild modules without the needs to open MaxIDE just for the purpose. And as I work on modules very often, it's mandatory for me to have this feature directly in the program I use for coding.

But, give back to Cesar [...]
The material for bmx syntax coloration comes form muttrey's package (as mentionned at the bottom of the previous post) :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#4]
Great, thanks for clearing this up. :) Maybe you should post a download link for posterity or a github repo for it. This is definitely an improvement from muttley's package.

Wiebo(Posted 2016) [#5]
Yes, why not make a pull request to muttleys repo so everyone with sublime can use this? I've also made updates to his repo.

BTW: I'm using Muttleys repo, BUT i am using Gradle to build. Much more flexible, also building modules with it. I think Muttley is doing the same.

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#6]
His repo is also what he is pulling in the "official" package submitted to the sublime package manager.
As I need to install an executable in blitzmax bin directory (By the way, it's here for convenience, it could be anywhere actually), I'm not sure he could still publish the package.

But why not ?!

I still have to finish some part of the executable (that I will call the "debugger") before submitting anything. At the moment, it works, but there is things to add to make it better (a debug tree of the objetcs for example ... if I manage to get it)

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#7]
I've got the syntax error highlighting the line of the error !
And error message print.
So, for now, it does all it's supposed to for bmx compilation.

I removed the module for now, i'll put it back when it will be complete.

SO, if you want to give it a try :
-> it probably works without the muttley package, but you should install it whatever, as it manages the syntax hilighting (which I didn't do while it works very well -> And for once, I didn't want to rediscover the wheel)

Download this zip : http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip
Extract its content.
It contains 1 bmx file and 3 files in a folder called "bmx"

- the bmx file goes in your blitzmax "bin" directory (you will have to compile it when you want -> in release and threaded mode)
The generated executable should be named "appargs.mt"

- the bmx folder contains 3 source files : you must copy the folder in the sublime package directory (copy the bmx folder, not just the files !)
-> in sublime text 3, click "preferences/browse packages"
it will open a browser for you in the good directory.

the 3 sources files don't need any compilation, they work as they are, where they are :)

the "Default (Linux).sublime-keymap" contains the shortcut to run the compiler
- f5 = build and run
- f6 = build debug and run

- shift+f5 = build only
- shift+f6 = build debug only

I'll add later the "Ctrl" key to run the same shortcuts command but with the threaded mode.
We'll come back to this file later.

In order to get sublime to launch the plugin correctly, you must have your blitzmax folder in one of thoose folders :
home/username/
or any of the system path directories (the ones with the "bin" directory listed by the environment variable $PATH )

For example, mine is registred under /home/bobysait/BlitzMax

Or, you can also edit the source of bmx.py at line 97
window.run_command("exec", { "cmd": cmd, "path": "${PATH}:${HOME}/BlitzMax/bin:${HOME}/blitzmax/bin" } )

just modify "path" and set it to your blitzmax's bin directory

the debug program (the bmmx source) is pretty dirty, I made it pretty quickly ... so, feel free to submit hotfix if you find any errors.

Next step :
Build the debug tree.

So, now, sublime-text 3 is available on OsX, windows and linux. The plugin only provide the linux part, but
as I mentioned, I'll get back to the key binding file :
if you want it to run under mac or windows, I think there is only 2 things to modify :
- the path in the python script (bmx.py at line 97) that you can replace with "C:/" for windows or your blitzmax directory
- modify the name of "Default (linux)" file, or duplicate it and change the name of the copy to :
"Default (OSX)" -> for mac
"Default (Windows)" -> for windows

And as long as the "shift" key is the same under the 3 OS, there is nothing to change in any of the sources.

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#8]
[Update.1 Link : http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip]

All is simplified and the module builder is working and can be tuned.

F5 -> build the current bmx file -> create the executable (according to the application builder setup)

shift+f5 -> build the current module entry
- if the application builder is set to "build all" it will rebuild ALL modules! So, ensure to disable it once you ran it once if you don't want to rebuild all each time you want to rebuild a single module ^^

ctrl+f5 -> run the setup window only.
- Pretty convenient, as it's launched from the sublime menu, it acts like a sublime addon, while it's not.

ctrl+f6 -> same as ctrl+f5 except it build the directory of the module (so it rebuild the module and all others in the same parent directory)

When you compile a file, the application builder window will show for 3 secs some text that explains the above :
-> hit <space> to enter setup
-> hit <escape> to skip the timer and go to the building process directly
(it's like the bios options <delete> or <F1 ...F12> etc... when you start your PC)

I find the package more usefull as is, cause there is no extra menus or 50 shortcuts to run in debug/release/threaded/gui/console/run or any combination of two or more arguments.

Once the setup is launched, it's saved in a cfg file, so the next build will use the same context.

As mentionned in the previous post, you need to build the application (run maxide to build the "bmxbuild" executable) and put it in your blitzmax bin directory.
(and yes, the name of the application has changed, it's now "bmxbuild")

The 3 other files go to the sublime package directory. (in a "bmx" folder).

Wiebo(Posted 2016) [#9]
Thanks! I'll surely give this a go...

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#10]
[Update.2 Link : http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip]

I've modified the archive.

* fixed an error with modules building
-> the archiving process export the "ar: [full directory of the module name...]" on the error pipe which can't be modified until we modify and recompile bmk, and I don't want to deal with bmk for the moment )

* modified the way the module name is extracted, so, we can (re)build a module while the current file is not the entry file of the module but can be any file within the module.
Ex : mdt.bigbang can be compiled if the current file opened is "/Blitzmax/mod/mdt.mod/bigbang.mod/basemat/material.bmx"
-> it will reverse the filename to extract "mdt.bigbang"
-> it also works with the "build module tree"

* included the whole stuff of muttley in the zip, so it's currently easier for me to "reinstal" the full thing.
-> just need to copy-paste the archive content in the "Packages" directory of sublime

* removed the system-build part from the mutley's package because I don't need it
-> I only kept the pretty consistent syntax highlighter and all the snippet stuff.

So ...

if you don't need the muttley's package with its build-system :
A - Remove the mutley's package (if installed)

B - Extract the content of the st3.plugin.zip
-> it contains a zip file named "BlitzMax.zip" and the bmx source of bmxbuild

C - Extract the content of BlitzMax.zip in the "Packages" directory
-> to open the "Packages" directory, run sublime-text, then click the menu item -> Preferences -> browse packages...
-> so you'll have this kind of tree : "sublime-text-3/Packages/BlitzMax/" with all the files in the folder.

D - Compile bmxbuild.bmx to the "bin" directory of your blitzmax installation (it's the same folder as bmk)
-> cimpile it with maxide for example :)
-> the executable name should be "bmxbuild" on linux/mac or "bmxbuild.exe" on windows

[E - Eventually, restart sublime-text]
-> so it take care of the changes, but ... it should not be required. sublime-text rebuild the structur when a file is updated in the packages.

And you should be ready to go.

if you want to keep the mutley's package
- Extract the zip st3.plugin.zip

- Extract the zip "BlitzMax.zip" to a folder named BlitzMax (the zip should already contain a BlitzMax folder, so you can use "Extract Here")

- Keep only thoose 3 files (remove the other files) :
* Main.sublime-menu (it contains the menu ^^)
* BlitzMax.py (the script that launch the bmxbuild executable)
* Default (Linux).sublime-keymap (contains the shortcuts)

- Copy the BlitzMax folder to the "Packages" directory
It should work in symbiose with the muttley's package.

Next step :

I think I'm going to try to "open" a file from an error
-> if the current bmx file we try to build include a corrupted source (bmx/cpp/hpp/c/h/...) the filename is written in the error message
I'd like to have it opened in sublime text (if not already opened ) with the broken line highlighted.

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#11]
[Update.3 Link : http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip]

A big update (still some unsupported behaviors, that don't generate errors, but could be used for improvements)

* removed some errors on parsing
* added a blide-like debugger to the bmxbuild application
-> with object viewer in treeview
-> stacktrace : allows you to directly launch the file from the debugger by double-click the line, it will open the file in sublime-text (if not already opened) then highlight the line ID

To do :
* prevent the debugger from closing on errors
-> it's the old behavior while I just transfered the errors to sublime-text. As now the debugger parse the objects, we need to get it opened to be able to interact with the debug lines and objetcs.
So, currently, it only keeps opened while the application (the bmx built) is running and/or when a DebugStop is explicitely called.

ps : there is a "stop" button in the debugger ... it 's just a forgotten one. I 'll remove it in the next release.

ps2 : also add a small hotfix in the muttley's package
in the tmLanguage file, "function.name" should be "function-name"

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#12]
[Update.4 Link : http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip]

So, all features work fine.
I just (again) forgot to remove the "stop" button.

I've uploaded a youtube video to show how the debugger works (see the link on the first post).

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#13]
nice. I was wondering if you plan to support the NG version which has extra args like overloading, stubs, platform, architecture and etc..

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#14]
If someone can publish a full description of the arguments, that shouldn't be a problem, all the command arguments are now generated by the debugger according to the setup.
So, there is just buttons to add to the bmxbuild.bmx file to enable extra arguments.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#15]
Thanks. Will this do?..

Makeapp:

Valid options for makeapp are:
[ @Option | @Effect
-a Recompile all source files regardless of timestamp. By default, only files modified since the last makeapp are recompiled.
-b <custom appstub module> Builds an app using a custom appstub (i.e. not BRL.Appstub). This can be useful when you want more control over low-level application state.
-d Build debug version. This is the default.
-g <architecture> Compiles to the specified architecture. (the default is the native for this binary - x86) Options vary depending on the current OS, architecture and installed toolchain. MacOS: x86, x64. Win32: x86, x64. Linux: x86, x64. iOS: x86, x64 (simulator), armv7, arm64. Android: x86, x64, arm, armeabi, armeabiv7a, arm64v8a. RaspberryPi: arm. Emscripten: js.
-h Build multithreaded version. By default, the single threaded version is built.
-i Creates a Universal build for MacOS or iOS. For MacOS, it will create an x86/x64 universal app. For iOS, it will create an armv7/arm64 universal app. If you want to profile your iOS apps, you need to use this option.
-l <target platform> Cross-compiles to the specific target platform. Valid targets are win32, linux, macos, ios, android, raspberrypi and emscripten.
-o %OutputFile | Specify output file. By default, the output file is placed into the same directory as the root source file.
-q quiet build
-quick skips searching for modules it has to recompile. Without "-quick" all modules used by the programme are checked for changes.
-r Build release version. By default, the debug version is built.
-t %AppType | Specify application type. Should be either 'console'
or 'gui' (without single quote!). Default is console.
-v verbose (noisy build)
-x Execute built application

Makemods

Valid options for makemods are:
[ @Option | @Effect
-a Build all modules regardless of timestamps. By default, only modules that have been modified are built.
-d Build debug version only. By default, both debug and release versions are built.
-g <architecture> Compiles to the specified architecture. (the default is the native for this binary - x86) Options vary depending on the current OS, architecture and installed toolchain. MacOS: x86, x64. Win32: x86, x64. Linux: x86, x64. iOS: x86, x64 (simulator), armv7, arm64. Android: x86, x64, arm, armeabi, armeabiv7a, arm64v8a. RaspberryPi: arm. Emscripten: js.
-h Build multithreaded versions. By default, the single threaded version only is built.
-r Build release version only. By default, both debug and release versions are built.
-v verbose (noisy build)

Sorry for the sloppy formatting, I just got this here and make it somehow readable..

https://github.com/bmx-ng/bmx-ng/blob/master/docs/src/User%20Guide/bmk.bbdoc

overloading arg/flag I think is for bcc.exe

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#16]
Ok, I'll see what I can do with all this.
I should probably install blitzmax NG in a first step ...
Hope it works on Ubuntu ^^

Derron(Posted 2016) [#17]
Hope it works on Ubuntu ^^

it does.

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#18]
[Update.5 Link : http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip]

Must admit I had some difficulties to install blitzmax NG (doc about installation is kind of confusing)
But in the end, it works (still some strange compiling errors on my bigbang module, but I'll fix that later)

Whatever, I updated the zip. It works with blitzmax NG.

* Added support for :
- platform
- architecture
- verbose

And the "NG" extension can be enabled/disabled with a simple switch
All the stuff related is marked in red, so you'll notice easier what is relevant to BlitzMax NG in the setup.

I also add a "Build All Modules" in the menu because, while the module builder script can find the module in any file related to a module, it can't build "all" modules if we are not in a file of a module
So now, with this specific menu, we can run the "build all modules" whatever the active file.
-> you can use the menu or Ctrl+F7

Just to remember :
- if any of the "All modules" setup's option is checked or "build all modules" from S-T's menu is run, it will always run the "build all modules"
-> "All Modules" checked and build module with a module name = build all modules !
-> "All modules" unchecked and "build all modules" from ST menu = build all modules !

ps : I have found the documentation about the NG arguments.
Doesn't it miss the "-l" argument in the "makemods" part ?
I can't imagine building modules for a specific architecture without applying the platform

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#19]
Doesn't it miss the "-l" argument in the "makemods" part ?

Yes, you want to use it for both.

Running bmk with no arguments will give you a summary of what is available :
Usage: bmk <operation> [options] source

Operations :
	makeapp
		Builds an application from a single root source file.

makemods
		Builds a set of modules.

Options :
	-a
		Recompile all source/modules regardless of timestamp. By default, only those modified
		since the last build are recompiled.

-b <custom appstub module>
		Builds an app using a custom appstub (i.e. not BRL.Appstub).
		This can be useful when you want more control over low-level application state.

-d
		Builds a debug version. (This is the default for makeapp).

-g <architecture>
		Compiles to the specified architecture. (the default is the native for this binary - x64)
		Options vary depending on the current OS/architecture/installed toolchain and version of bcc.
			MacOS : x86, x64
			Win32 : x86, x64
			Linux : x86, x64, arm, arm64
			iOS : x86, x64 (simulator), armv7, arm64
			Android : x86, x64, arm, armeabi, armeabiv7a, arm64v8a
			RaspberryPi : arm, arm64
			Emscripten : js

-gdb
		Generates line mappings suitable for GDB debugging.
		Backtrace (etc.) will show .bmx relative source lines rather than that of the generated code.

-h
		Build multithreaded version. (By default, the single threaded version is built.)

-i
		Creates a Universal build for supported platforms.
		(see documentation for full list of requirements)

-l <target platfom>
		Cross-compiles to the specific target platform.
		Valid targets are win32, linux, macos, ios, android, raspberrypi and emscripten.
		(see documentation for full list of requirements)

-nostrictupgrade
		Don't upgrade strict method void return types, if required. (NG only)
		If a Strict sub type overrides the method of a SuperStrict type and the return type is void,
		don't upgrade the return type to void (i.e. none), and default it to Int.

-o <output file>
		Specify output file. (makeapp only)
		By default, the output file is placed into the same directory as the root source file.

-q
		Quiet build.

-quick
		Quick build.
		Does not scans modules for changes. May result in quicker build times on some systems.
		The default behaviour is to scan and build all requirements for the application,
		including modules.

-r
		Builds a release version.

-standalone
		Generate but do not compile into binary form.
		Useful for creating ready-to-build source for a different platform/architecture.

-t <app type>
		Specify application type. (makeapp only)
		Should be either 'console' or 'gui' (without single quote!).
		The default is console.

-v
		Verbose (noisy) build.

-w
		Warn about function argument casting issues rather than error. (NG only)
		With this warning enabled you may have issues with method overloading.

-x
		Execute built application. (makeapp only)

That should (hopefully) be up-to-date...

bmk (NG) works with both the legacy compiler and NG. However, some options are only available with NG - for obvious reasons.

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#20]
I compiled maxide from the NG repository, but it seems it used not fully supported flags for commandline (like -w which leads to an error)

Also, I can't get DebugStop to work (I always get a "Debugger Error: Invalid scope kind") an I also have to delete the cfg folder any time I quit MaxIDE else it doesn't restart.
Sorry Brucey, I'm a very big fan of your works, but this one is not good for me
There is really too many dependencies left to the user to find.
There should really be a "click here to download the full pack" button or at least a list of all libraries required and in the correct order
Else, it's too much of a mess for me (my broken brain can't deal with redondancies)

So, for the moment, the ST3 plugin seems to work almost exactly as the MaxIDE[NG] is supposed to, but ... also encounters the same bugs ("for better, for worse").

Whatever, I had so much trouble getting NG to work that I'm pretty sure it is broken in some way, so, I'll maybe give it a chance on another day, but I can't spend more time tryng to get it working well.
At the moment, the plugin is probably working with NG, it miss maybe some flags (like "-w", "standalone", "nostrictupgrade" or "-i" because, I don't understand what's their purpose)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#21]
Cfg...

This happens with vanilla too.

The problem is the wqy our locales format numbers.

I suppose your locales format 1.23 to 1,23 (comma). When MaxIDE saves the config, it exports font sizes with that comma. MaxIDE exports various variables in one line - separated by commas. You are guessing roght - this creates issues on deserializing.

Quick-fix: open maxide.bmx and append .ToString().Replace(",",".") To the fontsize values on export.

@ng
I downloae the files and voila...works. of course you need to setup c-compilation-possibilities on your own (build-essentials). You only need to download/compile bcc/bmk and to download brl.mod and pub.mod.
bmk ng works with vanilla ... and newly introduced params are ignored by vanilla bcc, so I would prefer to use bmk ng ...also because it provides pre.bmk and post.bmk for pre and postorocessing a binary (eg. Asset manipulation, binary stripping...).

Bye
Ron

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#22]
That's right, it exports font size in the format "11,0000000000"

In TGadgetStyle -> I replaced the fontsize as you suggested
	Method ToString$()
		Return font_name+","+String.FromDouble(font_size).Replace(",",".")+","+fg.ToString()+","+bg.ToString()+","+font_type
	End Method

Seems to work.

The IDE keeps on asking to rebuild the doc on each restart, but whatever, that's already a good step.
Thanks for that.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#23]
You see how aware the original developers were of other format options ;-)

You will like to see what happens if you mix Blide-edited files with MaxIDE-files when it comes to umlauts or UTF8-characters - they will sooner or later corrupt the file (keywords: with or without BOM).

@asking to rebuild
So it does not find a check file or so ? Maybe disable that portion in MaxIDE - or have a look why it fails.

Local mkdocs
		If FileType( bmxpath+"/docs/html/User Guide/index.html" )<>FILETYPE_FILE
			CreateDir bmxpath+"/docs/html"
			CreateFile bmxpath+"/docs/html/index.html"
			mkdocs=True
		EndIf

So it asks to build the docs if the filetype "bmxpath + ..." is invalid.
Either "bmxpath" is incorrect for you, or "docs/html/User Guide/index.html" wasn't created properly.

bye
Ron

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#24]
BmxPath is well registered, it doesn't find "User Guide" I replaced the test from the build with
		If FileType( bmxpath+"/docs/html/index.html" )<>FILETYPE_FILE

Seems fine now, Thanks (again)

By The Way, this version of MaxIDE is not supposed to have been modified by Brucey or any of the guys working on NG version ?
It's a bit disturbing it doesn't recognize features from NG ... I must have missed something (again ... and again)

ps : the cursor is black ... damned -_-'

Derron(Posted 2016) [#25]
thought brucey added something for the cursor?

@ NG features
Feel free to add the new keywords and pull-request back to Brucey. I do not matter because I only use it for debugging purposes.

bye
Ron

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#26]
[Update.6 Link : http://mdt.bigbang.free.fr/bin/st3.plugin.zip]

Pack fully updated (cf first post for more infos and "how to")
It now fully works under windows platform. (not tested with bmxng though...)

* Modified the UI because under windows, the windows were out of the screen on my dual screen config ... (and I still don't understand why, but now, it will work whatever the config or bug)

* Added Support to select your blitzmax/bin directory, so you can manage multiple blitzmax installation.

* The bmxbuild is now in the package/BlitzMax folder, so it won't require some tweaking to get it working with a specific BlitzMax folder.

* Added specific platform script, so under windows it runs "bmxbuild.mt.exe"

* Added shortcut for specific platform Linux and Windows (Mac need to be tested, I just copied and renamed the linux config file, but I don't own any Apple product, so I don't know what kind of stuff we need to modify if Shift or Ctrl are not mapped the same way as Windows or Linux, I only know about a "Command" key, but I don't eve, know to what it is related)

* Added my custom color scheme "Playmobile" (highly colored and relax theme)
You can activate it under menu : Preferences -> Color scheme -> BlitzMax -> Playmobile

As far as I'm concerned about this package : it's here for purpose
- feel free to use it, distribute it, modify it, drink it, or whatever you feel like doing with it. I don't even care of credit or else, it's just here to be shared and used.

And I must say :
The package is a standalone package. It doesn't need the muttley's package to work, and it also uses some of the muttley's files. I thought I could use them as they are marked as public and still credit him
(I hope I didn't violate some weird license, but whatever, I like it when I just have to copy one folder to get the whole thing working.)

ps: BTW, in windows, the UI is pretty ugly ... sorry for that, I designed it under Linux (it looked nicer)

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#27]
Also, As it's not a "Linux" related stuff, the whole topic should be moved to a more appropriate place (somewhere in the Blitzmax section I suppose ?)