Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 g++-multilib : Depends: gcc-multilib (>= 4:4.6.3-1ubuntu5) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: g++-4.6-multilib (>= 4.6.3-1~) but it is not going to be installed
 ia32-libs-multiarch:i386 : Depends: bluez-alsa:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgettextpo0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gstreamer0.10-plugins-base:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gstreamer0.10-plugins-good:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gstreamer0.10-fluendo-mp3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gtk2-engines:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gtk2-engines-murrine:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gtk2-engines-pixbuf:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gtk2-engines-oxygen:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: gvfs:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: ibus-gtk:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libacl1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libao4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libasound2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libasound2-plugins:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libasyncns0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libattr1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libaudio2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libcanberra-gtk-module:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libcap2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libcapi20-3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libcups2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libcupsimage2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libcurl3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libdbus-glib-1-2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libesd0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libfontconfig1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libfreetype6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgail-common:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgconf-2-4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgdbm3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libglapi-mesa:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libglu1-mesa:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgphoto2-2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgphoto2-port0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgtk2.0-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libmpg123-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libncursesw5:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libnspr4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libnss3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libodbc1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libopenal1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libpulse-mainloop-glib0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-dbus:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-network:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-opengl:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-qt3support:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-script:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-scripttools:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-sql:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-svg:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-test:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-xml:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-xmlpatterns:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqtcore4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqtgui4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqtwebkit4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: librsvg2-common:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsane:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsdl-mixer1.2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsdl-image1.2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsdl-net1.2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsdl-ttf2.0-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsdl1.2debian:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsqlite3-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libssl0.9.8:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libssl1.0.0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libstdc++5:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libstdc++6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libxaw7:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libxml2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libxp6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libxslt1.1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libxss1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libxtst6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: odbcinst1debian2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libpulsedsp:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: xaw3dg:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 but it is not going to be installed
 libasound2-dev : Depends: libasound2 (= 1.0.25-1ubuntu10)
 libfreetype6-dev : Depends: libfreetype6 (= 2.4.8-1ubuntu2) but 2.4.8-1ubuntu2.1 is to be installed
 libglu1-mesa-dev : Depends: libglu1-mesa (= 8.0.2-0ubuntu3) but 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.6 is to be installed
                    Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                             libgl-dev
 libpulse-dev : Depends: libpulse0 (= 1:1.1-0ubuntu15) but 1:1.1-0ubuntu15.3 is to be installed
                Depends: libpulse-mainloop-glib0 (= 1:1.1-0ubuntu15) but 1:1.1-0ubuntu15.3 is to be installed
                Depends: libglib2.0-dev but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libavahi-client-dev but it is not going to be installed
 libxft-dev : Depends: libfontconfig1-dev but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libx11-dev (>= 2:1.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libxrender-dev but it is not going to be installed
 libxpm-dev : Depends: libx11-dev but it is not going to be installed
 libxxf86vm-dev : Depends: libxxf86vm1 (= 1:1.1.1-2build1) but 1:1.1.1-2ubuntu0.1 is to be installed
                  Depends: libx11-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
BltizMax Installer: Setting Up System Links in /usr/lib32 for 64 bit Linux
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libGL.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libGLU.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libX11.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libfreetype.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libXxf86vm.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libXft.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libXpm.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libasound.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libpulse-simple.so': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib32/libopenal.so': File exists
josh@josh-MS-7693:~/Desktop$ 

When I run maxide I get this output:
josh@josh-MS-7693:~/Desktop$ cd ~/BlitzMax
josh@josh-MS-7693:~/BlitzMax$ sh maxide
maxide: 1: maxide: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
josh@josh-MS-7693:~/BlitzMax$ 

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#2]
Did you restart the system before you ran the script? You have to do that some times after an upgrade. You may have to do another update and restart with it being the LTS version.

JoshK(Posted 2013) [#3]
Ah, I had updates disabled and I didn't realize it would affect the terminal.