GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data

JoshK(Posted 2013) [#1]
When I run my MaxGUI program on BlitzMax, I get this error:
GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data: assertion `width > 0' failed

Still trying to figure out why. Anyone have any ideas?

Derron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Not a real idea, but had similar errors with some wxwidget implementations. At the end I changed some code to not use the errorneous commands.

Think this is not the option you are able to choose - so this post is just to inform you, that it is not only maxgui-source-related but with the communication between maxgui and gdkpixbuf.

hm...somehow a senseless post by me.

bye
Ron

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#3]
If I was you Josh focus on the gdk functions you implemented. I'm not sure but I think that was one of the errors I got with the icon/theme problem. But from what I have seen a number of things can cause it.

JoshK(Posted 2013) [#4]
I am using Bah.GTKMaxGUI. We're about to find out how feasible this idea was.

JoshK(Posted 2013) [#5]
The Hyperlink proxy gadget will cause this, either because it is setting the gadget font, color, or some other setting. I replaced it with a button and am investigating further. The only way to debug this is to add a DebugStop command to move the cursor, then call GCCollect() and see if it crashes.

JoshK(Posted 2013) [#6]
The LoadGUIFont command is causing this error.

In GTKGUI.bmx:
	Method LoadFontWithDouble:TGuiFont(name:String, size:Double, flags:Int)
		return Null
rem		
		Local font:TGuiFont = New TGTKGuiFont
		font.name = name
		font.size = size
		font.style = flags

Return DoLoadFont(font)
endrem
	End Method

GTKGadget.bmx:
	Rem
	bbdoc: Sets the gadget font
	End Rem
	Method SetFont(font:TGuiFont)
		Rem
		If font = Null Then
			Return
		End If

_font = font
		'_font.name = font.name
		'_font.size = font.size
		'_font.style = font.style

If Not font.handle Then

font.handle = Int Ptr(getPangoDescriptionFromGuiFont(font))[0]

End If

gtk_widget_modify_font(handle, Int Ptr(font.handle))

'pango_font_description_free(fontdesc)
		EndRem
	End Method
	Rem
	bbdoc: Set the text area font.
	End Rem
	Method SetFont(font:TGuiFont)
		'Super.SetFont(font)

' we need to reset the tabs, as it is lost when font is changed.
		'SetTabs(_tabsize)
	End Method

Here's my program actually running in Ubuntu:
http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/gallery/_/leadwerks-31-editor-on-ubuntu-r251

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#7]
Do you know what data elements are being passed in font:TGuiFont?
getPangoDescriptionFromGuiFont is in gtkcommon.bmx.

Have a look at https://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/ in Basic Pango Interfaces.
And it may be worth your while posting this in Brucey's section as well.

Derron(Posted 2013) [#8]
Sorry to be slightly offtopic:
the screenshot you have posted - it has the same problems like UNZ's ide...
- you use resized icons
- the icons do not look that familar to the system ones: use the system ones if possible (and you custom ones wont look alienated) - or use only custom ones, but with the correct size of your toolbar.

hint: Although the displayof your scrollbars is "naturally" happening (have to scroll -> visible scrollbars). On your screenshot it looks a bit "misaligned" as the only area not being conform is the perspective view (which is scrollbarwidth-wider and scrollbarheight-higher).
Is there a reason to write "Left - ZY" instead writing the axis-label next to the axis?

@TGuiFont and getPango ... think I had similar problems when I tried to have custom fonts for my tries with custom drawn tooltips... but like the hyperlink component I just did not use the functionality to get rid of it again.

The whole "connecting to external libraries"-thing is still a bit of a miracle to me. Especially wrappers for objects or to access them using pointers.

Maybe the wxmax-way would have been harder the first steps (because you surely have a win32-maxgui-base) but later on easier to work with because it is more versatile (and is statically linked - less dependencies).

bye
Ron