compile BlitzMax modules from command-line?

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/compile BlitzMax modules from command-line?

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#1]
So basically I want to be able to build BlitzMax modules from the terminal's command-line interface using the BRL Bmk in Debian/Ubuntu. Do I need to use Brucey's BMK to do this and how?

Thanks! :)

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#2]
I just figured out how to build modules from terminal. I don't know what any of this means though.

austin@mark-iMac:~/BlitzMax/bin$ ./bmk makemods irrlicht
Compiling:irrlicht.cpp
In file included from /home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/irrlicht.cpp:164:0:
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:57:11: error: ‘rect’ does not name a type
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:57:11: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘parameter’ with no type [-fpermissive]
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:57:15: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h: In function ‘void IrrGUI_IGUISkin_draw3DButtonPanePressed(irr::gui::IGUISkin*, irr::gui::IGUIElement*, const irr::core::rect<int>*, int)’:
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:60:48: error: ‘clip’ was not declared in this scope
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h: At global scope:
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:76:11: error: ‘rect’ does not name a type
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:76:11: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘parameter’ with no type [-fpermissive]
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:76:15: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h: In function ‘irr::core::rect<int>* IrrGUI_IGUISkin_draw3DWindowBackground(irr::gui::IGUISkin*, irr::gui::IGUIElement*, bool, irr::video::SColor*, const irr::core::rect<int>*, int)’:
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:79:103: error: ‘clip’ was not declared in this scope
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:79:109: error: ‘checkClientArea’ was not declared in this scope
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h: At global scope:
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:85:11: error: ‘rect’ does not name a type
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:85:11: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘parameter’ with no type [-fpermissive]
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:85:15: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h: In function ‘void IrrGUI_IGUISkin_draw3DMenuPane(irr::gui::IGUISkin*, irr::gui::IGUIElement*, const irr::core::rect<int>*, int)’:
/home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/gui/iguiskin_wrap.h:88:39: error: ‘clip’ was not declared in this scope
Build Error: failed to compile /home/austin/BlitzMax/mod/irrlicht.mod/core.mod/irrlicht.cppaustin@mark-iMac:~/BlitzMax/bin$

Help?

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#3]
error: ‘rect’ does not name a type

perhaps one of :
1) you are missing required development packages for building irrlicht on Linux
2) the irrlicht module won't build on Linux
3) the irrlicht module is broken

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#4]
It builds perfectly on Windows and OSX (even though OSX only builds CLI based programs, not .apps) I have installed libirrlicht-dev and the other packages required to build from the official irrlicht source.