Editor extremely slow when typing

Archives Forums/BlitzPlus Bug Reports/Editor extremely slow when typing

Stebroad(Posted 2009) [#1]
Has anyone else encountered the following issue?

When I type in Blitz Plus, it takes a fraction of a second to process my keypresses. This delay adds up quickly; if I type a couple of lines of code, it can take a minute or two before my typing completely appears on the screen.

Does anyone know what causes this or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Stephen

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#2]
Can you post system specs?

Stebroad(Posted 2009) [#3]
Toshiba Tecra M4 notebook running Windows 7 RC (I had the same problem running Vista too), Intel Pentium M processor, 1.86 GHz, 2 Gb RAM.

Thanks,
Stephen

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
How long is your program?

Is this happening when you start a brand new document, or are you working in a gajillion-line existing source?

Stebroad(Posted 2009) [#5]
This is happening on my current project, which is a 110 line program. However it does not appear to happen on a brand new document.

Thanks,
Stephen

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#6]
I have had it happen on large documents in Blitz+, Blitz3D and BMax using Windows Vista. I think that I reported it as a bug before but I`m not sure if anything has been looked into regarding the problem.

Hopefully someone is trying to sort it out for a future update.

Jason.

Stebroad(Posted 2009) [#7]
I also reported it as a bug to the Blitz tech support. They said they had never heard of it before. Was your machine a tablet PC?

Regards,
Stephen

Stebroad(Posted 2009) [#8]
Interestingly, I discovered something new about this bug. When I first open my program in the Blitz IDE it is nice & snappy. Things only slow down after I compile & run the program the first time.

Regards,
Stephen

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#9]
Are you sure that your program quits properly?

Do you see the CPU use drop down to a low level in the task manager?

blackgecko(Posted 2009) [#10]
I also use Windows 7 RC and sometimes I have the same problem. But only when I'm running BlitzPlus and the Speech recognition Tool (built-in in Windows 7) at the same time. When I exit the Speech recognition and restart BlitzPlus everything works fine.

Kcarlino(Posted 2010) [#11]
I'm encountering this same issue on Windows 7. If I close the document and reopen it the issue goes away. So for me it appears to be document specific since I can have 5 documents open at once and as I edit 1 of those document it quickly becomes very slow to do the edits yet if I move to the other documents they are fine.

This is a new system, previously had been doing all my edits on a Windows XP system (for years) and never had this issue.

Is there any work-around to this issue.

Thanks,
Ken

Réno(Posted 2011) [#12]
"Stebroad (Posted 1 year ago) #8
Interestingly, I discovered something new about this bug. When I first open my program in the Blitz IDE it is nice & snappy. Things only slow down after I compile & run the program the first time."

> I want to update my BP games ... and I have too this problem. IDE runs fine at first start, but when I run the game, minimize or use the toolbar, all become tooooo slow. I can't type text, scroling is a pain ...

Windows 7 64-bit
intel i5 750