Locate command not working in v1.45

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Locate command not working in v1.45

UUICEO(Posted 2008) [#1]
I tried using the locate command to view some data my app was outputting and the command seems to be missing.
Locate x,y
Definition
Locates the text commands starting point on the screen.  

Parameters
x=x coordinate on the screen 
y=y coordinate on the screen  

Description
Sometimes you want to place the PRINT and Input$ commands at a specific location on the screen. This command locates the 'cursor' to the designated location.  

Example
; Locate example 

strName$=Input$("What is your name?") 

Locate 100,200 

Print "Hello there, " + strName$ 

While Not KeyHit(1) 
Wend 

Pineapple(Posted 2008) [#2]
The Locate command does not exist in BlitzPlus. Use Text instead.

UUICEO(Posted 2008) [#3]
well if thats the case then why is that example in the Blitz command examples?

Matty(Posted 2008) [#4]
It is probably a hangover from the old Blitzbasic (2d) and is also part of Blitz3d which had a 'console' mode prior to setting a graphical mode.

schilcote(Posted 2008) [#5]
But text works different in B+. Can somebody please write me a function to replace it?

Pineapple(Posted 2008) [#6]
simply use Text X_Coord,Y_Coord,txt$ rather than Locate X_Coord,Y_Coord:Print txt$

schilcote(Posted 2008) [#7]
Text is a graphics command in B+. I stink at graphics. If I do graphics and it opens that other window (which I don't want) then it texts in there, and it performs really badly. If I use it out of graphics mode, it complains about an invalid buffer handle.

Pineapple(Posted 2008) [#8]
Then use print without locate... print in B2D and B3D is just as slow as text in B+, if not slower..

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#9]
Make sure you use Setbuffer Backbuffer(), your Flip command, and Cls. There should be no issue.