Screen tearing

Archives Forums/BlitzPlus Bug Reports/Screen tearing

DjBigWorm(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,
Ok, I have a game made with blitz plus. It runs on full screen mode 320x240 (I Know old school). I can run the game on any of my desktop computers windows xp latest update cpu ranging from 500mhz to 2.8. Ok I am a big fanatic when it comes to perfect graphics sync (God bless double buffer:) I recently saved up enough to get myself a laptop averatec 6110a 512 meg shared mem sis chipset hmm latest drivers xp home edition. latest on all drivers
The problem is I run the game form compiler or final exe. I scroll the screen around and the top 10 percent of the screen tears. I didn't think anything about it I thought that maybe lcd and crt were a little different. I changed my code a little bit played with vwait and flip. Sure Enough synced perfect.(the lcd and crt are both 60 hrz my game is optimized to work on that frame rate). I played my new updated game on my crt monitor and the sync was off a bit. hmm ok i changed it back to the old style and my crt synced perfect again. not tearing effect. ok I use my laptop a lot and I just got lazy and ran the code that worked good on my crt monitor based computers. when I was in full screen mode yes the screen had a tearing effect toward the top (on the laptop). I pressed alt+tab and went to windows desktop then I tabbed again to my already running game and wah lah!!! Not tearing effect. I have tried it many times and it works fine after i start the game then alt+tab or just by pressing the windows button next to the ctrl key. Any Insight on this would be cool
The game can be downloaded here
http://www.bandwagonstudios.com/gameplace/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=2
it is called megazero

Thanks Mark and support team you are the greatest!!!!