Crash bug

Archives Forums/BlitzPlus Bug Reports/Crash bug

sswift(Posted 2005) [#1]
There is a compiler bug in Blitzplus which is causing my project to crash at one point during the point where my game is loading. I've checked and rechecked my code, and the only way to fix it is to randomly comment out various lines until the crash goes away. Running in debug mode reports no errors, it just crashes suddenly. The code up to that point is just loading some images. It's not manipulating any banks or anything. So I don't think there's any way I could be writing outside of allowed memory space.

Has anyone else encountered this on large projects?

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
Your program is getting a memory access violation error when running in debug mode or some other crash?

sswift(Posted 2005) [#3]
It is getting the memory access error in both debug mode and normal mode.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#4]
Btw, the crash actually occurs in the loadanimimage function. That's what goes away at random if I comment stuff out. And I checked the data fed to the function as it seems correct. But even if it's not, the width or number of frames for example, it should spit out an error and not crash.

Blaine(Posted 2005) [#5]
If it doesn't give you any specific error it's likely something the compiler doesn't understand. Dunno if that'll be any help or not...

sswift(Posted 2005) [#6]
No. :-)

DjBigWorm(Posted 2005) [#7]
could it be possible that the image you are trying to load is corrupt?

sswift(Posted 2005) [#8]
It's possible, but the images appear correct, and it's not commenting out an image which fixes the bug, it's commenting out random lines of code completely unrelated to it which makes it go away. And even if the image is corrupt, Blitz should not crash when loading a bad image.

Blaine(Posted 2005) [#9]
This reminds me of a very wierd problem I had once: I would free gadgets but then they would appear again and give me an "Invalid gadget handle" error...

B+ can do weird things like that...