New Linux Installation: MaxIDE won't run

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/New Linux Installation: MaxIDE won't run

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#1]
On a new linux installation, Mint 64 v12, I am running into the following error. When I attempt to run MaxIDE from either the command line or from within the XWindows file manager, it doesn't run. From the command line I receive the error "MaxIDE: No Such File or Directory." Other programs will run just fine from that directory and it doesn't matter if I type the whole path or just ./MaxIDE to run it.

If it was a build chain error I would know how to fix it but I haven't run into this one before. Any ideas?

EDIT: Well, it was a dependency error and just required the installation of ia32-libs:

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Now for the rest of the build chain problems. Should go easy enough from here.

Last edited 2012

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#2]
Just for the record, I was unable to get it to run on Mint 64 bit. Compiles still hang on library requirements for -lGL, -lGLUT, etc. Since I have a Ubuntu installation where it works I will just continue using that but this does need to get fixed-- I wanted to install it myself to see if the complaints on this subject have any merit. For what it's worth I have 25 years of experience developing on unix systems.

This might also be a symlinking issue but I just moved on to more productive problems.