IDE:Tab not working as expected

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/IDE:Tab not working as expected

*(Posted 2012) [#1]
The problem is when I press Tab it doesnt indent how it should it indents by one character, this is rectified by going into IDE options and changing the font and clicking ok. It happens when you create a new document, you have to change the font so it resets the tabs to what they should be.

Im on OSX 10.6.8, I dont know if its only the OSX IDE thats affected but its a pain in the butt.

Last edited 2012

*(Posted 2012) [#2]
It seems if you save the file the tabs return to normal, its if you create a new file the tabs dont work properly.

jsp(Posted 2012) [#3]
I just upgraded my installation and faced the same problem (in my own applications using TextAreas)!
I'm on XP here (VM installation)

I think it has to do with the last changes made to MaxGui:

ModuleInfo "History: 1.34 Release"
ModuleInfo "History: Left margin added to textareas through SetIndents (SetTextAreaTabs replacement)."

And I found also this via search:
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=95892#1107405
Building: MaxGUI.MaxGUI
Error: Unable to resolve link 'SetIndents'

which looks related.

I also reinstalled a fresh V145 (the latest for windows) and copied the MaxGUI mod over to see if the rebuild did any harm because of the error mentioned above, but again the tab is broken and it means the TextArea is now in a bad state and I can't compile any current project with this version.

EDIT: As this is related to the TextAreaGadget it should may be moved to the MaxGUI Bugs

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012