[MaxIDE]viewing docs makes a new .file ?? (win7)

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/[MaxIDE]viewing docs makes a new .file ?? (win7)

col(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hiya,

I'm sure this shouldn't be happening, there's a specific procedure to follow that makes this happen :-

In my module, in a source file that gets included into the main module file, say I document a function in it as :-

Rem
bbdoc: Creates a Potential Visibility Set from the a compiled BSP Tree.
End Rem
Function BuildPVS(....)
[.....]
Endfunction

I then Rebuild Documentation. In any source files that use the function it is highlighted as expected. So I move the cursor over the function name, press F1 and I get the short info in the Info Bar at the bottom of the editor, I press F1 again and it takes me a doc help with all the functions listed for the module in alphabetical order - nice.

Now here comes the problem...
Right at the top it gives me an option to view the source code, I click on it and shows me the source code for the 'main module name file', but its actually made a new file with a period at the beginning of the filename. For eg, my module is called spillengine.mod with the main file spillengine.bmx. After viewing the source using the method described I'm viewing the source but in a new file named .spillengine.bmx, which is also created in the module folder along side the original spillengine.bmx

Surely this is a bug? If I were to then make change to this viewed source, obviously those changes don't take effect as its not the original correct source filename!

EDIT:
I feel I should mention I have:-

Rem
bbdoc: SpillEngine
EndRem
Module SRS.SpillEngine
[...]

at the beginning in the main module source file. Would that cause it?

Last edited 2012