LoadSound fails on ogg files on Mac OS Lion w/ 1.4

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/LoadSound fails on ogg files on Mac OS Lion w/ 1.4

Blueapples(Posted 2011) [#1]
Update: The error is actually in LoadAudioSample(), but it caused by calling LoadSound() first.

File I am testing with, although this happens with all of my OGG files which were all previously working fine: fx_creak.ogg

I am working in Mac OS X Lion with latest version of BlitzMax.

I have found a bug that occurs when calling LoadAudioSample after calling LoadSound as well as what seems to be an issue with LoadAudioSample() itself. The first code block prints "nan" when it should print "0.35879818594104". This code *did* work in previous versions of BlitzMax and Mac OS X.

The second code block causes a null exception error, and the third causes a hard quit of the application even in debug mode - "loadsound.debug quit unexpectedly."

** Code Block 1 **

** Output 1 **

** Code Block 2 **

Adding the LoadSound call at the top results in a null being returned by LoadAudioSample():

** Output 2 **

Then the IDE stops with the error "Unhandled Exception:Attempt to access field or method of Null object" on line 7.

** Code Block 3 **

** Output 3 **

** Error Report 3 **

The following error report is presented in the Apple crash dialog "loadsound.debug quit unexpectedly."

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Blueapples(Posted 2011) [#2]
Removed

Last edited 2011

Blueapples(Posted 2011) [#3]
Removed

Last edited 2011

Pit-le-rouge(Posted 2011) [#4]
Same problem for me with Loadsound !
Also on the last has os Lion version !

Any news about this issue ?

Blueapples(Posted 2011) [#5]
I got a reply from support a few days ago that they would look into it.

Pit-le-rouge(Posted 2011) [#6]
OK thanks !
Keep us informed :-)

Blueapples(Posted 2011) [#7]
I have found another error that is very strange, posting another report in a second thread. I have no idea what's going on with BlitzMax on Lion but I'm starting to think it is unusable.

Pit-le-rouge(Posted 2012) [#8]
toc toc...
BM support ?