Possible audio problem (v1.44b)

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/Possible audio problem (v1.44b)

JazzieB(Posted 2011) [#1]
EDIT - Everything seems fine today! Probably something clashing on my PC, so probably was just a coincidence after all.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's very coincidental.

I upgraded to version 1.44b this morning and now seem to be experiencing audio problems with my current project, where there were none before.

Basically, when using some of the OpenAL drivers (typically the hardware accelerated ones) I either get noise or no sound at all. So far the Generic Software driver appears to be fine, but I have not used it for a long period of time.

I then switched to DirectSound, which seemed OK, but after about a couple of hours there was a crackle and the sound effects started playing out of the rare speakers only. The weird thing is it righted itself a few minutes later.

After upgrading I recompiled all modules. I did this a second time to make sure something odd hadn't happened during this, but it had no effect. I am on Windows Vista and using a Creative X-Fi sound card.

I'm really just interested to know if anyone else is experiencing similar problems since upgrading to v1.44b.

Last edited 2011