MaxIDE slowdown when switching TABS

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/MaxIDE slowdown when switching TABS

GregH(Posted 2011) [#1]
I am running Windows 7 64bit and have recently noticed a slowdown when switching TABS. It doesn't matter how large or small the source fiies are. If I have 2 TABS open and click between them it takes 4-5 seconds to switch TABS. I have also noticed that the CPU jumps from 2 to 50 when switching TABS. Once the TAB has switched editing and scrolling are fine, just switching TABS is slow. I have tried MaxIDE v1.36 and v1.41 as well as the Community IDE 2.00 and the same thing occurs. The Blitz3D IDE is fine, no slowdowns. I'm thinking there must be a common TAB control that the MaxIDE uses which must have changed or become corrupted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg

Floyd(Posted 2011) [#2]
I have Windows 7 64bit and BlitzMax 1.42 with no problems.

The PC is only about three weeks old so there is probably nothing corrupted yet.

GregH(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeah I didn't have problems until just recently and I'm not sure what changed? A Windows update? Maybe? If someone can tell me where and how the TAB control is derived I may be able to trackdown the issue. I guess I should load the IDE with Depends or .NET Reflector to see what it's trying to use...