DX9Max2DDriver not drawing leftmost line.

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/DX9Max2DDriver not drawing leftmost line.

TomToad(Posted 2010) [#1]
When I run the code below, it should draw a 10x10 grid in the upper left corner of the screen. The leftmost line is not being drawn. It only isn't drawn in some resolutions and not others. Fullscreen makes no difference. I haven't yet found a pattern as to why some resolutions work and others don't.

The problem does not show up with the D3D7Max2DDriver, nor the GLMax2DDriver.
SuperStrict
'SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver() 'Works with the OpenGL driver
'SetGraphicsDriver D3D7Max2DDriver() 'Works with the DirectX 7 driver
SetGraphicsDriver D3D9Max2DDriver() 'Problem is with the DirectX 9 driver

Graphics 800,600 'Leftmost line not drawn in this resolution
'Graphics 600,450 'Works in this resolution

While Not KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)
	Cls
	SetColor 255,2555,0
	For Local x:Int = 0 To 10
		DrawLine x*10,0,x*10,100
		DrawLine 0,x*10,100,x*10
	Next
	Flip
Wend

GfK(Posted 2010) [#2]
Are you trying this in fullscreen or windowed?

I've tried it in both those resolutions plus three or four random others (all windowed). Works perfectly in all cases.

[edit] Just tried fullscreen, too. Also works fine.

jkrankie(Posted 2010) [#3]
Does pressing the auto config button on your monitor make the line appear? sometimes monitors slightly offset the picture when changing to different fullscreen resolutions.

Cheers
Charlie

TomToad(Posted 2010) [#4]
It happens on both windowed and fullscreen. Configuring the monitor does nothing. Whenever I draw a vertical line from 0,y1 to 0,y2 (y1 and y2 being the starting and ending y coordinate for the line) the line doesn't appear. It works okay in some resolutions, but not others.

Possibly a driver issue. I am using an Acer Aspire One Intel Atom at 1.6 ghz.
video is a Mobile Intel 5 Express.

odd it only has problems with DirectX 9 and not DirectX 7 or OpenGL. Also only on vertical lines with both ends x coordinates at 0, if i offset one end by one pixel, it draws fine.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to another computer at the moment to see if I can replicate it.

H&K(Posted 2010) [#5]
Works fine for me as well.

I dont suppose its the typo in setcolor?

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#6]
Maybe move your monitor slightly to the right... does that help? LOL

seriously, you might just have a control chip problem in your monitor or your drivers are doing it since no one else seems to be having the same issue