BB to BMX Errors

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/BB to BMX Errors

Luke111(Posted 2009) [#1]
There has been errors while exporting my BlitzPlus creations into BlitzMax. BM Doesnt Recognize All The BP Functions. Idk. Needs To Be Fixed.

therevills(Posted 2009) [#2]
The Import BB Project feature in MaxIDE is a convenience feature. It will convert some of the functions to Max, but not all.

You will have to fix them yourself - see it as a learning experience :)

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#3]
The problem with importing a blitzPlus (or Blitz3D) game/app is that unless you have all of the equivalent mods in play within BlitzMax you won't be able to. For example, for the menu stuff you need MaxGUI (which is a separate product). Writing the importer to handle BlitzPlus GUI command mapping to MaxGUI is not a good idea either, since there are many other GUI systems available for it. You would almost need a separate parser for converting BP GUI stuff to MaxGUI... hmmm

Anyway, think of the importer as a method to get the code mostly converted. I think you will find, as I did, that the language advantages in BlitzMax will eventually entail a re-write (with some re-use of course) anyway.

Cheers

GfK(Posted 2009) [#4]
There has been errors while exporting my BlitzPlus creations into BlitzMax. BM Doesnt Recognize All The BP Functions. Idk. Needs To Be Fixed.
I don't know where to begin..... yes I do. This isn't a bug, and even if it was, your description of it was far too vague to be of any use.
Idk
Well if you don't know, who does??
Needs To Be Fixed.

It won't be 'fixed', because it isn't broken - it already works as intended. therevills is correct - it was never meant to 100% convert old code into runnable Blitzmax source.