Bizarre MaxIDE Dragselect Issue on Windows 7

Archives Forums/BlitzMax Bug Reports/Bizarre MaxIDE Dragselect Issue on Windows 7

zoqfotpik(Posted 2014) [#1]
I have a very strange issue with MaxIDE.

My ability to drag-select text in either the editor or the output window will cease working. I can click and drag the mouse but the text will not become selected.

This problem only appears to happen with MaxIDE and is specific to a given MaxIDE window. In other words, at this moment I can drag-select text in my web browser, in the window I'm currently typing in, in Monkey or in my MaxIDE 1.43 window but not in my 1.50 window.

But if I hit ctrl in the 1.43 window, drag-select will no longer work there, but will begin working in the 1.50 window! It's also not dependent upon having two instances open either.

This is not version specific, if I have two instances of either version the problem still occurs.

Also happens with MaxEdit.

WTF!?

skidracer(Posted 2014) [#2]
Indeed.

Has anything changed with your setup? I had a bluetooth trackpad in a pile of crap that stopped my mouse's right button working once as the trackpad I had forgotten about was depressed.

Are you running some code that uses event hook or exit on button down?

Will keep an eye out.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2014) [#3]
I have an entirely new computer and I noticed it about a month after I got it.

The workaround I am using is to click and then shift-click when I want to select text. I have not noticed any other program having any issue. I got used to it 100%, now it's no problem.

Are you running some code that uses event hook or exit on button down?

Not that I know of.