slow coding in Windows 7

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/slow coding in Windows 7

Slomas(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello

I'm installing my favorite/ most crucial software on a new windows 7 (professional) machine-
Blitz 3D being near the top of the list

Had my fingers crossed - and everything appeared to work perfectly to my great relief.. inc. all 3D

until I started editing code- I'm getting lags of a second or more between hitting a key and the character appearing... typing quickly- nothing will appear at all until I stop..

The problem seems to be worse the longer the code
and only appears after running it- closing and re-opening the program fixes it..

I have 8 Gb ram, latest i7 cpu

any help/ideas much appreciated!!

Steve

Melvin(Posted 2012) [#2]
Same problem for me, but only on my laptop.
I use IDEal without problems on this laptop.
http://www.fungamesfactory.com/

Melcx

Imperium(Posted 2012) [#3]
On Windows 7 64bit edition make sure the program is installed in the X86 folder. You could also try running the software in compatibility mode for XP or even better try installing the XP Virtual Machine that Microsoft offers.

I have tested Blitz3d on IBM Workstations running Windows 7 32bit and have no issues with it.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2013) [#4]
I have tested Blitz3d on IBM Workstations running Windows 7 32bit and have no issues with it.

I've used blitz 3D on a windows 7 machine (32-bit) for a couple of years, in conjunction with IDEAL and have not experienced any issues.

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#5]
On Windows 7 64bit edition make sure the program is installed in the X86 folder. You could also try running the software in compatibility mode for XP or even better try installing the XP Virtual Machine that Microsoft offers.

Then there is only 3.5 G ram available.

Also, "Latest i7 cpu" does this have multiple cores? I believe Blitz will only use one.

However, these shouldn't be of much concern for the majority of code. Unolerss you have unfeasibly large files, in which case I suggest splitting the code into more, smaller files with "Include" directives to link them.

I experienced something similar when "packing image data into DATA files which of course were ridiculously large so I scrapped the idea alogether.