BLITZ3D when the limit is exceeded 32,000 lines os

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/BLITZ3D when the limit is exceeded 32,000 lines os

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#1]
fantastic !
My program source is exceeded 32,000 lines of code, Now when I want to compile BLITZ me find errors on GOTO or GOSUB , the message error is LABEL NOT FOUND , BUT the label exist !!!!!!!!!!!! what is this !!!!! I am now forced to reduce and eliminate lines!!

strange !!!!!!!!!!

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
You actually managed to write a 32KLOC program using Goto...

*boggled*

As for helpful suggestions...

Obviously I can't replicate the problem because I don't have a massive program like that to hand, but -

1) Are you sure the label exists?

2) Are you trying to jump into or out of a function's local scope? e.g.
.label

Function foo()
    Goto label
End Function

...which is not allowed.

3) If it's a genuine bug, the easiest thing is to just replace any Gosub calls with function calls, e.g.
.mySub1
i = getVal()
doSomething i
returnVal = i
Return
...becomes...
Function mySub1()
    Local  i = getVal()
    doSomething i
    Return i
End Function

...since there's really no reason to be using Gosub at all anyway.

Sorry, there's really not much else to suggest.

Last edited 2011

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#3]
I'm sure the label exists because when the error message appears, just I remove a blank lines in the editor I recompile and there is no error ........ ..

I'll try the other method, but first optimize my code source.

thank you .....

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#4]
I use GUI ideal for this, I even try Blitz3D editor is the same mistake ....

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#5]
for information, this is the last CREATED goto, gosub> label created that causes the error ....

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#6]
What Game have you been making in 32,000 Lines? It is next CALL OF DUTY 8! LOL

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#7]
ahnahahhah not call of duty. I work on my project 2 years , is a application , not a game

Last edited 2011

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#8]
I write a few lines of simple code that I copy to 32,000 lines
when Blitz3D arrives at approx 31,650 lines we can not WRITE or COPY the lines ...... the limit !

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#9]
Do you have screenshot of your applications? :)

MCP(Posted 2011) [#10]
Have you tried splitting your source code up into separate files and using the Include command at the top of your main source file?

LineOf7s(Posted 2011) [#11]
The last time we had a situation like this it's because the coder didn't know what a FOR...NEXT loop was, so he just copied and pasted chunks of code as many times as he needed it to iterate.

I mention this just in case.

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#12]
Screenshoot, program and video demo on youtube are available....

http://hal8999.com/fontend.html

Watch the videos to get an idea ... sorry the software is FRENCH for the moment

for INCLUDE,, Yes not for all. I'll have myself to optimize the entire program. BIG JOB !

is not FOR ... NEXT loop, it is the limit of BLITZ, can not write more than 31XXX> lines ... It only remains for me as to optimize the maximum. GUI IDEAL or PROTEAN doesnt know the limit, why when compiling the final lines are ignored (after the limit) and generated ERROR.

I think!

Last edited 2011

lo-tekk(Posted 2011) [#13]
Hello rickavzstx, I currently have over 41.000 lines of code compiling fine under IDEal and the native IDE. I can only repeat what MCP has already suggested:

Have you tried splitting your source code up into separate files and using the Include command at the top of your main source file?

Keep it up
Cheers

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#14]
I have some Include , but not enough.. I will remake a large part of the code, it will take many time..... the problem is actually coming from this..

thank you .....

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#15]
I have some Include , but not enough.. I will remake a large part of the code, it will take many time.....

Include is just a simple insert operation by the compiler (more or less). If you really need to chop your program up into smaller files, you can just select the last fifteen thousand lines or whatever, cut, paste to new file, and you're done.

Obviously proper organisation is better, but for simply testing to see whether using shorter files gets rid of the bug it's as easy as that.

Rob the Great(Posted 2011) [#16]
I'm using IDEal, have over 35K lines of code, and use Goto as well as Include in my game. No problems on my end.

Leon Drake(Posted 2011) [#17]
mind is blown

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#18]
very strange!!!

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#19]
very strange!!!

The problem is the IDE itself, it only supports source files up to a certain length.

Like others have said, split it up into seperate files, and include them into one. Blitz3D will still treat it as a single program...

Although in the future you may wish to seriously reconsider how you write programs, 32,000+ lines riddled with GOTO and GOSUB is borderline insane.

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#20]
I agree ...... That must be it ... but I made my program with over 32,000 lines, I must rethink this.

I'll cut it.
thank

rickavzstx(Posted 2011) [#21]
I optimize my code now, so I win 4000 lines for now, I'll let you know if the problem repeats
.. thank you for your help .......

Last edited 2011