Error While Running Ideal Refresh Definitions

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Error While Running Ideal Refresh Definitions

Hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#1]
when i try to make refresh definitions on ideal editor
i get an error

IDEal version :0.8.94
App. Path :C:\IDEal
File Name :Mod_Compiler
Method Name :RefreshDefinitions
Error Description :File not found
Error Number :53
Error Line :30
Error Source :IDEal
OS Info : Version:6.1 Build:7600
Files opened :1

anyone has a clue what is the reason for this error

im using windows 7 ultimate edition btw

thanks

Floyd(Posted 2011) [#2]
I don't know, but IDEal hasn't been updated since 2007. It seems likely 0.8.94 is the final version.

pc_tek(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeah, this is a problem with Windows 7.

The solution I came up with was to enter ALL the commands you use into a file called 'Blitz3D.lng' which is in the IDeal\conf directory. This will allow IDeal to 'know' the command set and indent/format your file appropriately.

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#4]
This will come as an annoyance to anyone who did it by hand, but the Blitz compiler can actually dump the keywords for you, using the -k switch (this is in fact the technique used by both Blitz3D IDE and IDEal to get keyword definitions into the IDE).

Open a command prompt, navigate to your Blitz3D/bin folder and type:
blitzcc -k > Blitz3D.lng

...to generate a "Blitz3D.lng" file containing all keywords currently defined either by Blitz3D or in active userlibs.

At a guess (I don't have Windows 7, so can't test this), you haven't got permission to write to that folder. IDEal being developed before controlled write access in Windows became normal, it expects to write config files to its own directory instead of the "proper" way, which is to write them to the user's home directory. There may be a setting in IDEal to change this - I doubt it, I can't find it - or you may be able to change permissions or install IDEal to a different folder or something.

Hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#5]
ive installed windows 7 32 bits and the problem solved
its probabaly the 64 bit issue.

but thanks yasha for the other method that will come in handy
i belive

Bobysait(Posted 2013) [#6]
http://www.subpage.blitzforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=406898&sid=3b0383ea72bace1fcd31778fad3115a1

some guy on this site found a fix for the IDEal decls refresh
(it appears to replace the IDEal.exe file)

tested, it works on windows 7 64 bit

I have been waiting a long time for this !