Blitz programs not running correctly (Win7)

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Blitz programs not running correctly (Win7)

ChrisK(Posted 2011) [#1]
EDIT: Nevermind. The problem was Bins. I uninstalled that and now everything works as it should.

Hey, I recently bought Blitz3D after years of using a less than legal version (the buy in cost was pretty prohibitive to me)... Anyway, I was having problems getting it to run programs all of a sudden. It's worked before on this machine (a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7), but in the last week programs have started opening a blank window (and not the correct size) and just... sitting there.

I've tried playing with compatibility settings and running as administrator, but nothing seems to work.

Now I admit, I could just partition my hard drive and install Windows XP to run this. But that is not my preference, for obvious reasons. So has anyone else encountered this? And if so, are there any known fixes?

Also, is there some kind of return policy if nothing works out? (Not that I don't want to be a paying customer, but for a product I can't even use?)

Last edited 2011

stanrol(Posted 2011) [#2]
what is Bins?

ChrisK(Posted 2011) [#3]
It allows you to put taskbar shortcuts into a sort of folder, so you could have a shortcut for, say, all of your instant messengers, or word processors. It's kind of neat if you want to declutter a bit, but I really didn't use it anyway so no big loss on my part.