Sprites seem very slow in 1.104Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Sprites seem very slow in 1.104
| I've just been testing program speeds to try and track down a slowdown issue, and it seems that the newer B3D updates are very slow when it comes to rendering sprites.
I tried the following program on a clean install of B3D v1.64 and it hits the max 60fps all the time. On B3D 1.104 it just barely manages 7 to 8fps.
The PC is an Intel Core2Quad Q9550 @ 2.83ghz, Vista Enterprise 64bit SP2, 9800GTX driver version is listed as 188.8.131.5285.
I've also noticed similar slowdown on my 32bit WinXP SP2 machine with a Radeon 4850.
| On my older XP laptop your sample runs with about 20 fps with both, V1.98 and V1.104. you may however try the following code that is using a substitute for sprites, based on quads. I get only about 15 fps with it, but that's better than 3 fps... And maybe you can manage to use Copyentity for similar sprites, this would make it much faster I think. Any other single surface system would also be interesting.
Note: before you FreeEntity such a Sprite you'd need to ReleaseSprite() it.