Help -> Editor Copy, Paste

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Help -> Editor Copy, Paste

Mahan(Posted 2009) [#1]
This bug is in the Blitz3D IDE.

When i browse the help files and see examples that I'd like to try out I'd like to copy that text and paste into a new editor tab.

The problem is that when i do so, almost every time it's not only the text that is copied but also fonts and colors are copied from the help file. Suddenly the editor shows some "Arial" font or something like that and is not even mono spaced.

My workaround for this has been to have a notepad that i can switch to where i paste the text copied from the help file. Then i "re-select" all the text again (now that I've lost all formatting due to notepads limitations) and paste it into a new editor tab in the BLitz3D IDE.

This is not a very huge problem (since we can work around it), but if any of you devs see this I'm pretty sure it's a piece of cake to fix the paste function to only include the plain ascii text in the paste function and not the text formatting.

Floyd(Posted 2009) [#2]
I find it will paste properly if I use right-click, or the Edit menu. Ctrl-V keeps the unwanted formatting.

Or maybe it was the other way around. Just experiment.

big10p(Posted 2009) [#3]
Also, there's an 'Example' link above the code that you can click to have the example code automatically pasted into the editor.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yep, EDIT >> PASTE works fine. Control V copies formatting and colours... nasty.