Blitz suddenly runs slow!!!! HELP!!!

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Blitz suddenly runs slow!!!! HELP!!!

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2008) [#1]
I've been working on a game that ran fine an smoothly on both my desktop and laptop, I created a level in 3dsMax that utilizes easytok(which I have done for other levels with no prob). I run the level and it barely runs, and now other blitz titles and and files run just as slow, so I try it on my laptop and BAM everything runs slow after I try the level there too!!!!! what the heck is goin on, I've reset both computers and nothing seems to help!!! please help!!!

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#2]
Maybe thre is a virus with the level.
Try running a virus scan on your computer.
Another thing you could do is when the level is running,
hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete, click the processes at the top, then look through it and see where the most CPU percent is.

sswift(Posted 2008) [#3]
Turn off debug mode.

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2008) [#4]
it wasn't debug mode (which I have done before lol) it suddenly started working normal again.......that was just wierd

Andreas(Posted 2008) [#5]
After updating to the latest nvidia drivers I noticed that all my blitz3d programs run very very slow compared to the old drivers. Is there a known problem?

Zeotrope(Posted 2008) [#6]
I have a Geforce 5500 under Vista on a P4 2.6. This is my issue....

Using any Direct X 9+ Drivers....B3d runs my game at around a thrid of the speed it used to run under win.98 using DX.8.1 on a PIII rig.

Back to the P4 machine....

I revert to older drivers (anything below DX9)...and I get the full FPS back.

Any ideas? I use NVIDIA Released drivers. I cant keep them on DX8 drivers as Vista Movie maker / DVD creator no longer run on sub dx9 drivers....as well as a few games.

Any ideas? Is there an issue with this 5500 GF card?