Blitz3D IDE cropped my source

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Blitz3D IDE cropped my source

_33(Posted 2008) [#1]
... AND CRASHED with a BSOD! That's right! I modified my source, saved, etc... Had debug on, then launched my application. I then got a Blitz3D crash and a BSOD, followed by a reboot just a second after...

My source file was very close to 400Kilobytes, around 7500 lines). Blitz truncated roughly 200 lines from it.

Hope this gets resolved some time, as I love to work with the regular Blitz3D IDE.

EDIT: The newly cropped source file is exactly 407 602 bytes long. Don't know if it is of any help.

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#2]
I got this once. It wasnt b3ds fault though, it was mine (and windows's). I called something in decls that caused a bluescreen, unfortunately it was right at the start of execution, so windows "delayed write" was still saving the file.
After i reach major points in development i always version my source to prevent this very rare but hideously possible problem.

It should have created a .bak though right? or doesnt blitz3D do that (cant remember) but you should be able to rescue that.

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#3]
I suggest FileHamster to any Windows Developer.

automatic backup

_33(Posted 2008) [#4]
Just want to clear the facts: I haven't run into a bug that concerns the number of lines of code, which is fine. But, the bug is really when the source file hits a sweet spot of roughly 400 kilobytes that the IDE craps out.