Help--Mem Access Violation ON ALL FILES!!

Archives Forums/Blitz3D Bug Reports/Help--Mem Access Violation ON ALL FILES!!

dena(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have not used Blitz3d in a month or so. Tomorrow i need it for a presentation, and tonight I get a memory access violation with every *.bb file and *.exe file I run! The debugger gives me no feedback, and I get a windows crash report stating that blitzcc.exe encountered an error and had to close. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling v.1.98, and still get the same error. I have never seen this.
I have a Dell Precision M90 with a nvidia quadro 2500 card. I have been deving blitz3d apps for 2 years on this machine without an error.
HELPI

hola(Posted 2008) [#2]
deleted

Last edited 2011

markcw(Posted 2008) [#3]
maybe new nvidia drivers is the problem

hola(Posted 2008) [#4]
deleted

Last edited 2011

markcw(Posted 2008) [#5]
maybe it's an xp 64 problem then

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#6]
1. XP 64 does not exist officially. Its an OEM only Windows edition, so using it means that you risk all kind of funny behavior as its only support is done through Windows Server 2003 x64

2. Try if disabling advanced text services helps (right click on the exe you compile, properties and then the second tab. its a checkbox at the bottom)
For XP tablet, all higher professional editions that include tablet components of any way (this includes higher vista editions as well) and some more exotic XP versions this is needed.

It would be great if the compiler set this himself as it is an annoying thing to do but at least its known how to solve the "window popup and just vanishes" issue in most cases.

Cp(Posted 2008) [#7]
do you have all the images in the same place as the program that is compiled? If you dont youll get a violation.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#8]
He probably got some malware.